Maserati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What products do you use to clean the seats in your car?
My car is a little dirty and could use some TLC

·
Registered
28 Posts
Something that is inexpensive and very effective is Gojo hand cleaner/hand cream. Do NOT get the kind with pumice. It cleans leather and vinyl and moisturizes it too. Learned that from an auto upholstery veteran.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hi Rusty - what colour is your interior ? My 97 Ghibli had blue leather and came up very nicely with Gliptone cleaner and renovator.

If you have a dark blue interior I have a bottle of the correct colour restorer which is amazing on worn seat bolsters etc. Makes them come up like new !

PM me if you're interested.

Cheers

Jonny

·
Registered
177 Posts
I just bought some Bentley Hide Food but it says "do not use on vinyl coated leathers." How do I tell if my 02 Spyder GT black leather seats have coated or uncoated leather? Thanks.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Leather Care

I bought some Bentley Hide Food but it says "do not use on vinyl coated leathers." How do I tell if my 02 Spyder GT black leather seats have coated or uncoated leather? Thanks.

·
Registered
530 Posts
put a drop of water on the leather. if it soaks in and leaves a darker spot it's not coated, if it beads and rolls around it's PROBABLY coated.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'd recommend Leatherique products -- especially the Pristine Cleaner. See www.leatherique.com
I tried the Leatherique. The drivers seat front and centre arm rest has cracked since.
I'll put some pictures of it here tomorrow. I think it now needs repair.

Also I had a small dent put in the drivers door from a carpark. It seems the intrusion bar is glued to the door skin so well it cant be pressed out by the paintless dent repair people, so they were unable to fix it.

Ay ideas?

·
Registered
339 Posts
I'd recommend Leatherique products -- especially the Pristine Cleaner. See www.leatherique.com

second that, dealing with used leather seats on a daily basis, and having tested every brand and method out there, I use the leatherique products exclusively on all my seat conversions and it's one of those wild claims that you won't believe until you try it yourself.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I bought some Bentley Hide Food but it says "do not use on vinyl coated leathers." How do I tell if my 02 Spyder GT black leather seats have coated or uncoated leather? Thanks.
your seats are actually mostly vinyl. Outer sides, front of base and back are vinyl. Upper and lower seat surface and rear pocket are leather (don't get me started on the entire interior which is 75% vinyl...). I have not been able to confirm this, but I think it's the same process as Ferrari, a "painted" leather. I know they don't use as high of a quality leather as Ferrari, but the seat frame hardware itself is identical to Ferrari and carries the same partnumbers for basic pieces (the Maserati differs with the addition of a front bar across the base that the seat control module mounts to).

Use the leatherique, you won't be disappointed. For cracked leather and severe damage, they have a crack filler/repair product, use in conjunction with their dyes to fully restore the seat.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Cleanin Leather

What products do you use to clean the seats in your car?
My car is a little dirty and could use some TLC
You should goto properautocare.com they will tell you what you need and how to do it. I have 04 cc coupe and they have always been right.

·
Registered
183 Posts
your seats are actually mostly vinyl. Outer sides, front of base and back are vinyl. Upper and lower seat surface and rear pocket are leather (don't get me started on the entire interior which is 75% vinyl...). I have not been able to confirm this, but I think it's the same process as Ferrari, a "painted" leather. I know they don't use as high of a quality leather as Ferrari, but the seat frame hardware itself is identical to Ferrari and carries the same partnumbers for basic pieces (the Maserati differs with the addition of a front bar across the base that the seat control module mounts to).

Use the leatherique, you won't be disappointed. For cracked leather and severe damage, they have a crack filler/repair product, use in conjunction with their dyes to fully restore the seat.
Why does the leather crack so easily? The bolsters seem highly prone to this.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
13 Participants
sjn2004
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing