Maserati Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This time 4 years ago, I made myself a very happy individual. I Purchased a 2010 Maserati Quattroporte Sport GTS. ZERO regrets. ZERO looking back (other than to take one more look and smile after parking). 100% joy.

I put together a quick and dirty sound compilation of my car (with some humor I hope). Thought I'd share it with fellow Maser owners / enthusiasts. Sharing the gift of a 4.7L V8 and it's glorious notes. To me, cars bring out the child in us, and personally as a child I didn't care about 0-60 times, Lateral G's, stopping distances and all that "fluff". I simply Saw, Listened, and Loved. These cars check those boxes multiple times over.

HOPE YOU ENJOY!

Happy Holidays all!

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
I just brought my 2012 QP5 GTS into the dealership for its 2-year inspection. 10,000 trouble free miles in my ownership - 58,000 all-in. The sound within the confines of the dealership service bay on start-up was "angry". I loved it. The base Levante loaner was a pleasant enough DD, but the experience did not match the GTS. I have long realized that, for me, sound is a crucial ingredient in the driving experience. Many new cars offer performance multiple times what can safely be used on public roads and sound merely meh. Since I don't track, I have no need for that hyper- performance, but the sound is something that gives me enjoyment all the time.

·
Registered
28 Posts
This is great. I’m hoping for a 2011-2013 QP GTS (or a QP6 GTS) as my next DD within the next year.
thanks for sharing this

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just brought my 2012 QP5 GTS into the dealership for its 2-year inspection. 10,000 trouble free miles in my ownership - 58,000 all-in. The sound within the confines of the dealership service bay on start-up was "angry". I loved it. The base Levante loaner was a pleasant enough DD, but the experience did not match the GTS. I have long realized that, for me, sound is a crucial ingredient in the driving experience. Many new cars offer performance multiple times what can safely be used on public roads and sound merely meh. Since I don't track, I have no need for that hyper- performance, but the sound is something that gives me enjoyment all the time.
I fully agree. I liked the fact that you mentioned the sound within the confines of the dealership. The first time I took it in for a service, I got a Panamera as a loaner and I will admit it was a very enjoyable car. When I got the GTS back and started it up, that “unsocial” bark at startup beckoned attention and everyone did a quick look around. Those are the memories with you! Thanks for sharing that.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Thanks for sharing friend ?

I didn't know that facelift 4.7 cars have a graphic display of RPM at the central screen. Nice update?

Merry Christmas

·
Registered
437 Posts
I didn't know that facelift 4.7 cars have a graphic display of RPM at the central screen. Nice update?

Merry Christmas
That is a GTS feature. I was hoping my '11 "S" would do that so I looked in the owners manual for the procedure to turn it on and it said its GTS only.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts