Maserati Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm close to buying or ordering a GranTurismo. Does it make a difference whether I buy from the dealer I plan to go to for service?

·
Registered
371 Posts
It is generally a good idea. Maserati is not known for being generous with warranty claims so having a strong dealer relationship could come in handy.

·
Registered
211 Posts
This sounds retarded, but why buy new exotic anything? Unless you just want to throw money away.... :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
why not buy new?

Because it "feels good" to sit in a car that nobody else's ass has ever been in......... all decisions are not money based for me.. sometimes it just feels good to splurge...... Not sure about you guys but I don't think I will be passing through this way AGAIN ! (earth that is)

just my 2 cents..

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
I agree with the above poster. For those that can afford it, being able to spec the car exactly the way you want it, get to know it whilst you help it loosen the engine during the first few miles, the fact that you get a full warranty … all sorts of positives.
I had to get my GS second hand as the wife wouldn't let me buy a new car (nor I could have got it new anyway as I only got it last September) but I'd be happy to buy a new car when chance presents itself.

·
Registered
191 Posts
just re- read the scooter gas post.......

Oops, Moosety, my mistake, I just realized you started the thread about “buying a scooter”. I respect that fact that money is an important component in many decisions.......

However, some people don’t see the world through a monetary prism….. Sometimes it just feels good to by the best that one can afford.....

I am not ultra wealthy, but I am comfortable and the thought of buying a used car has never been an option for me , nor do I care what gasoline costs….

This does not make me better than others, just different… just a different outlook on money and value.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I'm close to buying or ordering a GranTurismo. Does it make a difference whether I buy from the dealer I plan to go to for service?
i would consider the dealer who has a more helpful and knowledgeable service department and then buy from them.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Any suggestions as between Maserati of San Francisco, Maserati of Silicon Valley and Maserati of Sacramento? And are there any factory-authorized non-dealer shops in the SF Bay Area?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts