Maserati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone... recently picked up a '06 gt coupe.... does anybody know the correct break-in procedure for the first 1000 milles for these engines?... some say to keep the rev below 4k rpm, some say it is like any modern engine and can be revved up to 7K from the start, especially since it already went thru rigorous testing before leaving the factory anyway... I have been keeping the revs just around 4K as advised by the dealer, but would like to get your input in the matter, cause I am getting a little impatient with the gas pedal...

Having done most of my driving in various Alfas with rear transaxles, the shifting has a very "familar" feel to me, and I am very happy with it... However upon quick revs to 4K and sneaking the gears in and out in an spirited fashion, I get a little "chirping" noise either from the engine bay or front suspensension area... it could be just my imagination and the shifting and engagement is as smooth as butter, but wondering if anybody has experienced something similar to what I am describing....

thanks, JK

·
Registered
824 Posts
mas4seater said:
However upon quick revs to 4K and sneaking the gears in and out in an spirited fashion, I get a little "chirping" noise either from the engine bay or front suspensension area... it
I was going to say clutch noise then saw you have a GT; not sure if the same clutch problem shows up on those as on the CCs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts