Maserati Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For my 2005 GS, is the improvement (if any) gained from modifying the ECU (e.g. Performance Dynamics "Flip Chip") noticeable in every day street driving? My rule of thumb has been that it takes about a 10% increase in horsepower to make a noticeable difference, but I realize that absolute torque and the flatness of the torque curve can be more important to driveability and perceived performance.

So are these things marginally helpful, or do they materially change the performance of the car? :confused:

·
Registered
835 Posts
For my 2005 GS, is the improvement (if any) gained from modifying the ECU (e.g. Performance Dynamics "Flip Chip") noticeable in every day street driving? My rule of thumb has been that it takes about a 10% increase in horsepower to make a noticeable difference, but I realize that absolute torque and the flatness of the torque curve can be more important to driveability and perceived performance.

So are these things marginally helpful, or do they materially change the performance of the car? :confused:
just stay away from eurotek...

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'm still happy with my Eurotek...

For whatever it's worth, I've had the Eurotek re-programming for about two years now, and continue to think it is a significant improvement over the stock configuration. I participated in the group-buy off this site. The fuel cutoff at redline is removed, the throttle-by-wire is recalibrated for more fuel delivery in the first 1/2 of pedal travel, which in turn makes the the car feel more responsive, etc. I've had no difficulties with it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
polar opposites

Okay the last two posts on this thread say stay away from Eurotek at all costs and I've have Eurotek's mods on my car for sometime and really like them. I believe some clarification regarding why we should stay away would be reasonable.

·
Registered
835 Posts
...I believe some clarification regarding why we should stay away would be reasonable...
after 4 new ECU's and empty promises...they walked away with over $2K and I am back to the same ECU mappings as when the car was brand new. Is it worth it? will share the emails if anyone's interested.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.