Maserati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
5,887 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Sometimes media presents a carefully handpicked view and we could be missing context. The street seems to be closed to traffic as there are no cars driving by and there is at least one pedestrian walking by in the middle of the street. So I wonder if the street was closed, she found that perfect spot away from other cars and potential dings? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
395 Posts
Are you serious about this? What an outrageously racist comment! Do you generalise about all races based on newspaper headlines? You need help....
Well.. I happen to be Chinese myself. Maybe I am generalizing and did go a bit far with that comment.

But I am pretty sick of seeing Chinese people who flaunt their wealth and power by driving around with such an air of arrogance. There are many documented cases of the rich and powerful in China killing pedestrians in their exotic cars and and exerting political influence to cover up the incidents.

Here is another recent article: Officials stay in air-conditioned car after hitting woman | South China Morning Post

Seeing that people in China do not have the freedom to speak up about these issues, I see no reason why we can not on this forum freely discuss. I find it outrageous that people can get away with these atrocities. Maybe parking in the middle of road isn't as serious as running over someone, but the mentality is the same. These people think they can drive anyway they want, simply because they are wealthy and powerful.

·
Super Moderator
2,554 Posts
Well.. I happen to be Chinese myself. Maybe I am generalizing and did go a bit far with that comment.

But I am pretty sick of seeing Chinese people who flaunt their wealth and power by driving around with such an air of arrogance. There are many documented cases of the rich and powerful in China killing pedestrians in their exotic cars and and exerting political influence to cover up the incidents.
Appreciate you explaining the comment. :cheers:

I deeply share your disgust for such callous and corrupt behaviour and hope that, over time, it will become less and less acceptable/permissible.

However, as you also posit, your comment could have been perceived as generalising about a whole nationality or even ethnicity! That is not so helpful and I am sure I could point out equally 'inhumane' examples from all nationalities.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts