Maserati Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Me too, with the reverberations off the buildings and then down lower Wacker.... (gives me some serious perma-grin) You have a coupe or GS? Continental in Hinsdale is having some type of GranTurismo premiere Monday the 16th BTW. I'm heading over there, hoping it will turn up a few more Coupe/GSs from around the area.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Seeking for some advice

Hi cardiffGiant,

I'm pretty new to the site and I'm in your neighbor town, Lisle. As I'm in the market for an 04 CC coupe and maybe 05 GS, I'm wondering if you could share your personal experience, particularly in servicing the baby.

How long have you been an owner? Where do you have your CC serviced? Continental Auto Sports in Hinsdale or independent?

If you don't mind, how much, approximately, do you spend on oil change and scheduled service for 6k/18k (and maybe 32k)? How about changing the clutch and F1 pump?

Last but not the least, how is your "no rear mufflers" compare to the tubi sound?? :cool:

I would really appreciated for any response. Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Eric

·
Registered
27 Posts
Me too, with the reverberations off the buildings and then down lower Wacker.... (gives me some serious perma-grin) You have a coupe or GS? Continental in Hinsdale is having some type of GranTurismo premiere Monday the 16th BTW. I'm heading over there, hoping it will turn up a few more Coupe/GSs from around the area.
Lake Forest Sports Cars had the GranTursimo preview from 7/11 - 7/14. Totally missed it. I wish I could attend the one hosting by Continental today, but doubt I can make it due to working in Downtown.

cardiffGiant, if you made it to the GT preview at Continental, would you mind share some images (if any)? :D

Not sure if you guys would be interested, but Lake Forest is hosting AM Roadster Ride and Drive from 7/19 to 7/21.
http://lfsc.com/dynamic/index.php?option=com_jcalpro&Itemid=49

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Eric,

Good luck on the search, I hope you find a nice one. I've yet to ride or drive in a GS, but I think I may trade up for one eventually.

First off, I did make it to the premiere for the GranTurismo last night, I took some pictures and will post them in the general section in a bit.

What is the Aston ride and drive? I haven't made it up to LFSC yet, but may be visiting a buddy in Highland Park this weekend, so I could check it out.

As far as the maintenance goes, I can't really complain at all at this point, no real mechanical issues. I have had my '02 Coupe for a year now and it's been pretty much my daily driver. I have it serviced at Continental, though I will probably start doing the basic stuff on my own now. I'll have to dig up the bills from Continental. The 18K was done at about 16K miles just before I bought the car, so I don't know what that would run. I think my last 6K service was around $1000. I have the original clutch, but the F1 pump was supposedly replaced with the 18K service. Again, not sure what they would have charged for that.

I would love to compare my sound to a Tubi coupe or gransport, but I have not come across someone else around here to really compare. They have started up a Tubi coupe for me at Continental, but not much more than that. Keep in mind there are three versions of Tubi, with an increasing level of loudness. I guess all I can say it that it's really subjective. I have heard nothing but raves about my exhaust note, but I'm not sure if I'm 100% happy with it at this point.

·
Registered
27 Posts
cardiffGiant, thank you for your response!

Sorry, I didn't mean to have you go through the trouble in digging up the bills. The ballpark figures would do perfectly. :)

In terms of my search, I was at LM O'hare last Saturday and test drove an 03 coupe 6M with 6.3k miles on it. It was great, but I'm leaning toward a CC because my gf needs an 'auto shift' button. Well, it's more for me than her :D though i still have hard time convincing her to accept GS as an option since both of us have never seen one in person except pics.

We were suppose head out to Iowa for this weekend but she suggested we could stay in town and head up to LFSC to take a look at an 04 CC Vintage with about 14k miles on the lot. I just did another quick search and found they also have a GS MCV. Hopefully after the visit I could have GS as an option. :D

We'll definitely check out the Aston Martin Ride and Drive while we are up at LFSC this weekend. Perhaps we'll get to test drive one of those? :cool:

·
Registered
530 Posts
In terms of my search, I was at LM O'hare last Saturday and test drove an 03 coupe 6M with 6.3k miles on it. It was great, but I'm leaning toward a CC because my gf needs an 'auto shift' button.
teach her how to shift, it's not that hard using the paddles - using the "AUTO" button will kill your clutch life. (Unless she's worth $4k every 10k miles or so :D)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Cretio, I'm probably heading up there late afternoon as well if you'd like to give the exhaust a listen. (I'm always looking for informed opinions!)

·
Banned
71 Posts
Don't live in Chicago, but we are doing track days in the area. FYI!

A quick update on availability of spots for MVP Track Time's August 20th track day at Autobahn Country Club's full 3.56 mile track. As of this morning (July 28th) we have the following spots open:

Novice Group: 1
Intermediate Group: 6
Experienced Group: 6

Don't wait as they will be gone fast. You can register on line using Pay Pal at:

http://www.MVPTrackTime.com/id47.html

If you have any questions, contact me at (314) 249-3770. I hope to see you at Autobahn on August 20th.

Mark "Feff" Pfeffer

·
Registered
52 Posts
oldtown

cardiff:

sorry about the delay in responding, forgot to subscribe to this forum. I have an 05 grigio coupe optioned out like a GS, except for the front grill. bought it in detroit from a guy who purchased from cauley. cars at continental now, clutch was making a "whooping" sound with hard acceleration out of first. thrust bearing they say and covered under warranty. still driving?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was driving until today :) I'm headed to London for a few weeks, and may pick up a truck or something to get me through the winter when I get back. If there's a nice day this spring, I'd love to catch up and compare cars. I've only been in one other Mas, another '02 Coupe, so I'm curious to see how the newer coupes and GS's compare. I have been thinking about trading up for a while now...

·
Registered
52 Posts
driving

I will probably have one last drive. From Continental home and that will be it for the year. When spring hits, lets get together...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts