Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently sent a second set of tailights I scored on eBay to a company called LightWurks that does all sorts of custom work on tail lights and headlights. I had them do a Medium tint on just the red section of my tail lights. They just sent the lights back out to me yesterday, but they sent me some pics of them completed. I should receive the lights on Monday or Tuesday and will post more pics of them installed on my car. I think they will look good as my QP is black.

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They charged $250. Not sure if he would do for everyone, but he also said if I send in all four marker lights, he will do them for free. Even though I didn't send them in with tailights, he said offer still stands, just send in lights. It's not window tint, but a paint process. They can even color match your lights to your car's color. On their website, they to the orange sidemarkers on the fender of a yellow Lambo Murci and painted them to match. The special paint they use looks like it leaves very tiny gaps in paint and this is why tailights don't lose hardly any brightness at night, unlike the large dimming effect of tint. I have to admit that I have always hated tinted lights until I saw it done on a CC on this site and then on the Ferrari from Novitec Rosso.

For some info, this is from their website:
LIGHT WURKZ QUALITY:
The taillights are coated with a special coating so the light signals can still be seen by other drivers. We use a special two component coating designed for this process, not a cheap spray paint solution as other people are offering. Specs followed by the coat manufacturer. Resists power washing, polishing and scratches!

Beware:
Other companies might try to sell you their poor quality products with our name as our reseller! LIGHT WURKZ products only can be purchased through us directly! Personalizing lights so that your vehicle to stand out from the rest: or simply give your car more aggressive look. We use the hi-quality automotive paint STANDOX to tint your tail lights. Using the tail lights that you provide or set that can be purchased through us. We prepare the surface before painting to remove any wax and provide better paint durability to last for years!

Thanks for interest guys! I am putting together a system upgrade next. I have almost all parts and think I have figure out how to do a stereo in QP with lots of sound quality by just swapping out speakers in dash and back doors, and then rebuilding subwoofer box in passenger footwell with either an 8" or 10" sub. Finally, adding a Kenwood Vehicle hub, DVD player, Ipod wire, bluetooth module and a 5 channel amp to run all. To interface with car, I'm using the NavTV "MASVIM" adapter that plugs into back of radio. Therefore, I can get picture by pressing TV button, and then I have a quality system running completely independent of factory system, so no cutting wires or anything. Eventhough I will be using about $3,500 of quality equiptment, I was able to buy everything new on eBay for about $1,000. I could have even paid less for used equipment. I was considering used amp or hub since all that mounts in trunk and would take only a few minutes to change. I'll post pics as I make progress. NavTV has a bluetooth module that just came out for QP that plugs right into back of radio, but for the $750 price tag, I bought the Kenwood V1000 vehicle hub for $250 and added Kenwood bluetooth module for $89, Ipod a\v cable for $35, and a new Kenwood navigation that actually tells you the names of streets while you drive for $255, and Kenwood DVD player for $149. :D

·
Registered
65 Posts
Lightwurkz is awesome! I had them add angel light circles like the Audi led circles to my front lights on my CC. They surround the large high beam ring and look amazing!! When I get some photos I'll be sure to post them. Ask for Anotoliy.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Lightwurkz is awesome! I had them add angel light circles like the Audi led circles to my front lights on my CC. They surround the large high beam ring and look amazing!! When I get some photos I'll be sure to post them. Ask for Anotoliy.

Please post pictures as soon as you can, I'm very curious to see it!

BigA, it looks great! I wonder how it would look all dark, including the reverse light. Have you seen one?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here is one pic! One thing I love about not doing whole light is that the body line of the car goes right between red and white light, so just doing red part of light actually accentuates the body line of the car. Since there are not of Maserati's around, most people think my tails are stock. Not sure if pics show it, but it is pretty amazing how the tail show the body line more pronounced and almost make the car look even more curvy from behind. I didn't notice it right away, but coming home later that day from walking dog, I was blown away how much more beautiful the cars lines appeared. I'll try to take a pic of what I mean for anyone who thinks I'm crazy.

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Please post daytime and nighttime pictures as I'd really like to see how this would look on a Spyder.

Funny you bring this up though, as I just bought an 05 A8L which I was talking about having fitted with a daytime running light strip of LEDs like Audi's using now (I think the 2010 A8's will have this).

How much did they charge you and what was the turnaround time? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Thank you for the photos, it definitely looks better the way you did.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts