Maserati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This afternoon I put down a deposit on an '04 CC Coupe. My local FM dealer has been looking for a couple of weeks and found me something to go play with, so although the deal isn't finally done, my finger is slowly squeezing the trigger. From what I'm told, the dealer called up an existing customer and asked him to consider selling his car. Apparently he has a small fleet with plenty to choose from. He say 'OK' and here we are.

There's just one thing holding me back...

Originally I was looking for a Grigio Afieri or Nuvolari, with a nero or grigio interior. Being an understated sort, this would have suited nicely.

The car that the dealer has located for me is Grigio Alfieri (thass fine for me bud) but with bordeaux leather. At first I baulked at the idea of a red dash and seats, but agreed to go see anyway. After a good tyre kicking, the colour began to grow a little, then a lot. After all, that red is quite a muted shade, is it not. (Is it not?)

Obviously the red leather will make it go faster, and I realise that this is a completely subjective question - but will someone please tell me that the colour combination works beautifully and that I'm being crazy to hesitate? Waddya think? Shall I pull the trigger? Buy some red pants to go with?

Help. For the first time in my life I haven't made a descision within 5 minutes flat... Damned Italian mistress. Messing with my head.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Great combination !

I would have had that on my GS if it had been available (don't tell thebimbo or I'll get chucked out of the Darth Vader club) !

Could you post some pics when you get the car? If possible taken without flash - it always makes the red look ultra-bright, and nothing like the real thing.

I would be very grateful to know if you get reflections in the windscreen - my one concern.

Go for it (and many thanks in advance) !

:D

·
Registered
115 Posts
thebimbo - you're quite right.. I was misled by the GranSport Car Configurator which doesn't offer a separate dashboard option ( unlike the Coupe Configurator which does). They would almost certainly produce whatever a customer wanted though, now that they're offering all the coupe colours.

P.S.
I understand about the lipstick, but "hooker"....What's a hooker?

:)

·
Registered
513 Posts
My 02 Spyder is in the same combo, my original preference was a Black interior, but the Bourdeax has grown on me, a very Classic Colour combo......

to make things more exciting, I was over at exotic specialty dealer who said the colour is often called "Ox's blood"...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts