Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2002 coupe with 9,300 miles. The check engine light came on. I opened and closed the gas cap and ran if for a while, but the light stays on. I called Maserati and the rep asked me if it the light was yellow because yellow was not that serious and that red was very serious. I didn't realize that it changed colors. I thought it the check engine light was either on or off. I didn't realize there were two colors - is this correct and what about driving it until I get to the dealer for an annual in about a week?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I have a 2002 coupe with 9,300 miles. The check engine light came on. I opened and closed the gas cap and ran if for a while, but the light stays on. I called Maserati and the rep asked me if it the light was yellow because yellow was not that serious and that red was very serious. I didn't realize that it changed colors. I thought it the check engine light was either on or off. I did'n't realize there were two colors - is this correct and what about driving it until I get to the dealer for an annual in about a week?
Hard to say without scanning the code. Mine's on because of my cats so I drive but but I'm still nervous. Didn't know about the color.

·
Registered
773 Posts
lights

did not know light changed color, thanks for info. had my 02 serviced when i left dealer light was off, did not travel 30 miles, light came on. have driven 10 onths with light on,so far so good.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bundas,

I am unclear on whether there is a color change or not. There is nothing in the manual about it. What color is your warning light.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Most auto parts stores will read the code for free. If not, you can pick up a decent OBDII scanner for about $100.

Mine throws P03XX misfire codes every once in a while, that are meaningless, but set the light on.

·
Registered
104 Posts
CEL mystery

My CEL light up so I bought an OBD2 reader on amazon.com for around $100. It arrived the next day, but the CEL was gone and hasn't returned. It was a yellow color. I think mysterious CEL sightings are a part of the wonder of owning a Maserati.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts