Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being bored last week, I decided to swap out the flashing yellow lights in the side blinkers with Super Bright White ones.

#1....I think it is impossible to remove the side blinker without breaking the mounting clip...as both mine broke

#2--the wiring harness is wired in a completely idiotic way such that it will drop downwards into the bottom of the fender . for some reason it is not clipped to the inside of the fender at a location near the mounting hole.

So, I am running with really cool looking Left side sidemarkers....and no right side markers at all.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The joys of Italian ergonomic engineering. It seems they don't think about things like maintenance or usage when they design these things. Perhaps the Germans don't either, but because of higher volumes they get better feedback from warranty claims. Then redesign the part or connectors to lower their claims and increase their new & long term owner satisfaction ratings at JD Power, et al.

A great Maserati example: some have noticed that their remote key stops working suddenly. So did mine. When I took mine apart I found that the batteries (there are two) are held in place (and in contact with the terminals) by a horizontal metal strapping. If you drop your key, THE BATTERIES CAN SLIDE SIDEWAYS ENOUGH THAT THEY LOSE CONTACT WITH THE TERMINALS!!!

What on earth can be going on in the mind of the engineer who designed this slick setup????!!!!

"Duh, I'll just wedge the batteries in here and .... no wait, what if someone drops the key and the batteries come loose???? Uhhhhh, no...I'll have to redesign the whole thing. Uhmmm...no, that'll never happen, I'll just wedege 'em in there. Yeah, I'll just kind of press 'em in there and then quick shut the case and let the pressure keep 'em in place."

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh...it gets worse...

after hitting a major pothole, I lost my right side marker, just popped out...

I guess I gotta call Kevin at MVP.

the remote key.....tell me bout it!!!!, ....another thing, if it drops, it often explodes into several pieces all which spread all over the roadway in the path of oncoming vehicles. I tape mine together...looks cheezy but it beats looking like an idiot on my hands and knees looking for the bits.....plus, if almost couldn't locate one piece which would have rendered the key useless and me stranded.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
sorry to hear. i broke out laughing and my breakfast also fly out too.
i think the italians engineered so that you will have to take it to the dealer ;)

·
Registered
742 Posts
I can't wait to see the final pictures....

I think our cars would look so much cleaner without those yellow and red lights... Clear or blacked out looks great.

Please post pictures. Thanks. CM

1 - 7 of 7 Posts