Maserati Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

My father is interested in a Gran Turismo and I'm trying to help him out here, I have a few questions though. There are currently a few 2008's on the lot at our local dealer that he is interested in. What I'm wondering is what are they changing for 2009? I hear bluetooth will be added? That was one of the disappointing things we have found is the lack of Bluetooth and Satellite Radio although the Nav system looks very nice and up to date (unlike that thing in the QP). Also I read the thread a few down about the iPod adapter and USB ports, some of the cars we have seen haven't had any aux jack at all while others have had the USB port deal. Is there anyway to tell which one has the real integration or just the charger? Also if there are improvements in the telematics is it possible for our dealer to retrofit the ones from a 2009 to a 2008 if we make a deal? Sorry for the long post! Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I can help you on the USB socket. Look at the socket in the glovebox. In between the USB port and the AUX in jack socket you'll see a sign telling you the type of socket fitted as per the diagram below.

The new options for 2009 on the GT are:
Auto dimming external door mirrors
Perforated leather in the central part of the seat base and seat back
Dual tone interior colour
Alcantara headlining
Bluetooth & Full function USB port

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was bought my GT in September, and my dealer said they could get me and 09 by November. My sales rep showed me they sheet of the changes from the 08 to the 09:

Updated Navigation with Street Names on the Screen
Full iPod Integration
Bluetooth Phone System
Satellite Radio

These updates were basically it for a price up of about $8000...I really didn't think it was worth it. All of those things could be updated if necessary. Either way you go, it's a great car.

Sadly, my iPod can't be integrated on my car, but with the 3.5mm jack, I can still listen to my ipod. Ask your dealer if you could retrofit the new technology to the 08. Any good audio place would be able to do it if you really want to.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks so much guys your replies have really helped me understand this much better. One more question...we have been in quite a few cars and some of the nav systems have a TMC/PTY button I think, while others have had this button replaced with a MAP button, what's the difference? Does this mean the one with MAP is the updated unit?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts