Maserati Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Maserati Quattroporte Sport GT Automatic
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to share my removal of the sticky paint from the center console of my 2007 Quattroporte Sport GT. The radio and climate control still needs work, but this was by far the worst and it came out pretty well. I tried most every thing under the sun to get it off at first but resorted to acetone on a rag and it came off like butter. slow and easy with rags and q-tips. I thought I would need to repaint it after, but for now I'm totally happy with how it looks. I may even find some thin leather/vinyl to cover it. I'm just happy to be able to lift my arm off it after I touch it now. Before and after pics attached. (yes I know this has been beat to death as a topic, but still interesting I hope).

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior

Water Plant Tree Twig Trunk

Car White Light Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Wheel Car Tire Sky Vehicle

·
Registered
95 Alfa 164 ls, 07 Quattroporte exec. 07 Santa Fe.
419 Posts
The bottom plate is the worst. very thick coating. I have a spare and scraped it off with a blade. I am going to wrap it in carbon fiber (not the real stuff) to see how it looks. Nice looking QP.

·
Registered
2007 Maserati Quattroporte Sport GT Automatic
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Agreed. I tried the acetone on the shifter display and it wiped it clean. All the way down to clear plastic. I had to get an overlay (which looks pretty good). I wouldn't use acetone on any buttons for sure. I still may do the radio bezel once I remove it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts