Maserati Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
I created a PowerPoint presentation on DIY instructions for removing the radio / radio buttons / other control panels and buttons.

https://acrobat.com/#d=Yp3VBJTpOU3ajsVOcBr5xA

Hope this helps people out.
Andrew,

Do you have the same type of presentation for pulling out the rear amplifier for my Auditorium 200 system, and the NIT unit in the console?

Thanks!

Canadian Dave

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Unfortunately I don't. I never had any issues with mine (other than the sound quality sucked) so I left them alone.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I figured out the problem. Turns out the previous owner (and obviously dealership I bought from) tried "masking" the problem.

I took the head-unit out, and found that it was covered in duct-tape to hold it together. NO WONDER there was a poor connection for wires in the display, and lack of audio coming from it.

I found from a great sponsor on the site a new head unit for a great price.

Look at the pictures of what I found when I pulled the unit out myself.

DO NOT BUY FROM - LuxorMotorSports in East Dundee Illinois.

Attachments

·
Registered
241 Posts
Dave,
Hope this fixes your problems. There is great support on this site and we should all try to use the sponsors whenever possible- they are great resources.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Sprocket,

Once I receive the piece, and it's in the condition the sponsor promised, and in great working condition I will post the name of the sponsor.

I just don't want to give credit to someone if it's not warranted, and if the situation turns out bad, I want to give them the opportunity to fix it before posting anything negative!

just trying to give respect and honesty to all users here.

It's much better than when I owned an Infinti G35 and the forum I was part of had a bunch of 18 year old kids acting like they had permanent boners and wanted to fight everyone....... good to see maturity on a forum that can be accessed by all. (not that boners are bad.......I may be 30, not 18... but my car gives me an erection after I wash it and take it out on the windy rocky mountains....) :cheers:

Canadian Dave

·
Registered
17 Posts
All right guys im about to do the big job tomorrow, removing some of the radio buttons and sending them to stickyno more. The large console part around the reverse also needs to be refinished, as I cleaned it with some plant-based solvent and the result is a bit too matte for my taste (and not even). I also have to remove the 2 window buttons... I hope everything goes well and I dont f*?K with the car...

·
Registered
339 Posts
Andrew, thought you had a GS?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Agreed... Andrew did a great job on that one - next project for me will be to post one showing the proper way to install a talented dog in the passenger seat as a cupholder, and another showing the method for making an Alpaca-fur headliner.
CRAP! I was drunk this weekend and made a dog fur headliner and a talented Alpaca cup holder! Jennifer is going to be so pissed!

......... That I took her favorite Alpaca!

·
Registered
4,087 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Hey fellas, sorry about the greatly delayed response. Hard to believe that it was over 3 years ago that I posted the initial DIY instructions. I'm out of town visiting my parents and was helping correct some issues with my father's '04 Coupe so I was checking in on the forum.

The link to StickyNoMore's website is the same instructions as I had sent Robbie a copy of the PDF and gave him permission to use it to help out fellow DYI Maserati owners. I'll try and post up the PDF or PowerPoint presentation directly to the site here when I get back home in case the above link disappears someday like the previous one did.

I'm getting hungry to be an Maserati owner again. Maybe a Ghilibi when they come out?

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Hey fellas, sorry about the greatly delayed response. Hard to believe that it was over 3 years ago that I posted the initial DIY instructions. I'm out of town visiting my parents and was helping correct some issues with my father's '04 Coupe so I was checking in on the forum.

The link to StickyNoMore's website is the same instructions as I had sent Robbie a copy of the PDF and gave him permission to use it to help out fellow DYI Maserati owners. I'll try and post up the PDF or PowerPoint presentation directly to the site here when I get back home in case the above link disappears someday like the previous one did.

I'm getting hungry to be an Maserati owner again. Maybe a Ghilibi when they come out?
Welcome back Andrew!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Thanks Michael. I do stop in to browse around every now and again but I don't have much to offer at the present moment now that my Maser has gone off to another home. Hopefully I can get back in one in the next year or so. I'm waiting to see what the Ghilibi is about in person. If not that, than a nice pre-owned GT may be in my future.

This forum will not allow PowerPoints to be uploaded and I see now that Adobe charges for what they used to offer for free which is why the original link is broken.

If anyone should ever need the PowerPoint, email me at [email protected] as I'm on the forum infrequently and may not see a PM or post requesting assistance for months.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts