Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Andrew,
Your link goes to Acrobat website. I don't have the Acrobat software besides the free reader. Do I need to get more or is there a different format that works for everyone? I remember seeing a few threads how to get it posted so everyone can see it. Thanks in advance for putting together the DIY.
Ken

·
Registered
581 Posts
I click on it and says doscument can't be found. Very interested in this so if any other means of posting available that would be great.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I changed the account access setting. Everyone should be able to view it. I don't think you need any special software.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Excellent!! Think I will have to build up a little courage to tackle. Looks like a pretty gentle hand is required. Sure took all of the usual guess work with potentially disasterous results out of the equation though. Great job and thanks for taking the time to share with us! :cheers:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Bummer, thought I had run across the very thing I need. This link just takes you to acrobat unfortunately. I am looking for instructions on taking out the display in the center console. Sorry to hijack, just looking for ideas since the radio hasn't worked in over a year.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Bummer, thought I had run across the very thing I need. This link just takes you to acrobat unfortunately. I am looking for instructions on taking out the display in the center console. Sorry to hijack, just looking for ideas since the radio hasn't worked in over a year.

Straight-slot screwdriver - find the slots in the middle of each side of the display unit assembly... stuff a layer or two of cloth/towel/paper towel/alpaca fur/whatever behind it to guard against damaging the leather, and wedge/pry each side out - done... you definitely found the right thread for that - maybe not the right thread for fixing your problem, since this assembly is just the control panel... unlikely that actual functionality of the radio is affected by this unit; more likely to be part of the NIT unit itself, or even something as simple as a blown fuse.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just checked the links, they seem to still work on my end. It does take a minute or two for them to load though. The top link is PowerPoint and the second one down is PDF. The PDF loads faster. Try it again and if it doesn't work, PM me with your email address, I'll send you the PowerPoint or PDF file (your choice).

And I was just in Nashville yesterday! I spent the night in downtown. If you would have posted this a day earlier, I could have helped you out in person!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ah, you're right, it does take a while. Good info.

I'm pretty sure it is the head unit and not the NIT. For some odd reason, the radio started working out of the blue last night, then stopped again. While trying to determine what was happening, I discovered that by pushing on the display it would start again. Alas, I pushed too hard once, and cracked it. I'm such an idiot.

Anyone know where to find a replacement display?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
If DC Auto doesn't have one, there's also a wrecked Coupe on ebay (unless he recently sold it... I searched just now & can't find the link), and you might ask him if he'd sell you the display. He's trying to sell the entire car, but there's always a chance he'll have to end up parting it out.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Very professional results, I'm impressed! Great job brotha, we all should post diy like this, would save us all a ton of $$$$$$$$$$
Agreed... Andrew did a great job on that one - next project for me will be to post one showing the proper way to install a talented dog in the passenger seat as a cupholder, and another showing the method for making an Alpaca-fur headliner.

·
Registered
105 Posts
so u need the head unit/nav screen ??? i have one from an 04 with 5k miles on it. its like new. i paid good money for it just to have it when/if i needed but looks like i wont be needing it. interested ???

i also know someone who has one from an 03 but its not very clean...its got the sticky problem..

check out LAWorldAuto on eBay... looks like they parted out a few coupes

·
Registered
72 Posts
Help!

Ok, so it seems obvious I'm not the only one with a stereo problem on my '03 CC coupe.

Three things about the stereo.....

1) buttons are sticky, and I can't even read them!
2) screen blinks (like an old TV on "rabbit-ears" with poor reception) whenever I go over ANY kind of bump. Even if its a slight "tilt" in the road.
3) I have no sound from the rear speakers. Might this be from amp? How Do I test if amp is good/bad or if it's the head unit that is toast?

Somebody please help me understand what the unit under the center console (between the seats) is used for? What purpose does it serve for the stereo? How do I remove the rear amp if it is toast, and what do I replace it with?

Yes, I have the auditorium 200 system in the car.

Thanks to all who have helped thus far! Keep on keepin..... keep on helpin!

Cheers,

(Canadian Dave)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts