Maserati Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
It's highly possible the rain water cooled the thermocouples between the pre-cats and the main cats for an extended period of time, throwing the CEL. Remember, most CEL indications have to do with emissions but some (like misfiring) need attention ASAP. A quick run to a shop with a OBD II scanner would be worth your time. If it is the thermocouples, the CEL will correct itself once you stop driving through rivers and streams. Let us know what you find.

Buzz

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I bought this...it keeps me from getting ripped off and I don't need to take the Maser in everytime the CEL turns on

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EQUU...134012231QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item180134012231

Innova 3110 OBD II and CAN scanner...its simple easy and does the job...for less then $200.00
can read, reset and analyze all CEL faults
This came via the recommendation of Evans Automotive (midwest importer for Quicksilver exhausts) and it works great!
I bought the same one. I had to use it on the BMW E39, Jeep Wrangler and 2001 Tundra pickup before I needed it on the Maser. All within 2 weeks of each other. I think it's paid for itself :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts