Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was deluged by a Suburban driving through 8 inches of rain water. Then the CE Light came on. Has this happened to anyone else? Waiting for the dealership to call me back for an appt. Probably going to be a long wait with an ALMS race this coming weekend.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
It's highly possible the rain water cooled the thermocouples between the pre-cats and the main cats for an extended period of time, throwing the CEL. Remember, most CEL indications have to do with emissions but some (like misfiring) need attention ASAP. A quick run to a shop with a OBD II scanner would be worth your time. If it is the thermocouples, the CEL will correct itself once you stop driving through rivers and streams. Let us know what you find.

Buzz

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.

The car runs fine and we are getting some of the overspray fromt he storms that you all had in north TX. I would guess the water had a big part to do with it. At least there is still a warranty. Buying a 3 yr old Italian car and making it 3 weeks before the first trip to the shop, that is a huge win to me.

PC

·
Registered
518 Posts
I bought this...it keeps me from getting ripped off and I don't need to take the Maser in everytime the CEL turns on

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EQUU...134012231QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item180134012231

Innova 3110 OBD II and CAN scanner...its simple easy and does the job...for less then $200.00
can read, reset and analyze all CEL faults
This came via the recommendation of Evans Automotive (midwest importer for Quicksilver exhausts) and it works great!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I bought this...it keeps me from getting ripped off and I don't need to take the Maser in everytime the CEL turns on

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EQUU...134012231QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item180134012231

Innova 3110 OBD II and CAN scanner...its simple easy and does the job...for less then $200.00
can read, reset and analyze all CEL faults
This came via the recommendation of Evans Automotive (midwest importer for Quicksilver exhausts) and it works great!
I bought the same one. I had to use it on the BMW E39, Jeep Wrangler and 2001 Tundra pickup before I needed it on the Maser. All within 2 weeks of each other. I think it's paid for itself :)

·
Registered
518 Posts
It paid for itself the first time I got a bad gas misfire code on my S600 when one cyl misfires it will fuel load that bank and throws a minimum of 4 trouble codes kicking it into limp home mode...a problem that my dealer used to charge me $400.00 per visit for...it paid for itself the first time I reset that big 12 cyl

1 - 6 of 6 Posts