Maserati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the optional six CD changer in the trunk. It was working fine and then the screen said CDC init and for all six CD's it says no CD when I know there are CD's in the slots. Stopped working the same time the seat memory stopped working. Any hints? Still under warranity and is going in for 18000 mile service soon. It is a 2004 Spyder.

Also just got back from a trip to Tahoe. Had a flat tire that was not fixable. Unfortunately I only have the fix a flat in the trunk - no spare option. Of course that didn't work and had to have it towed to only tire shop on North Shore that reamed me $430 for one tire and an overnight wait for the tire to be delivered. Has anyone got the optional spare tire and jack aftermarket? Approximate cost? Does it just drop in the space in the trunk?
Thanks

·
Registered
255 Posts
Try switching off at the battery master switch, count to ten, then switch back on. It will reset the CD unit and it should come back to life.
If, on the other hand, the CD unit sits with all its front lights flashing then it may have a more serious problem.

·
Registered
203 Posts
cd changer

Blaupunkt 5 cd changers are available on ebay for buttons, they're a standard fitment to many cars, so no problem if yours is fubar.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have the optional six CD changer in the trunk. It was working fine and then the screen said CDC init and for all six CD's it says no CD when I know there are CD's in the slots. Stopped working the same time the seat memory stopped working. Any hints? Still under warranity and is going in for 18000 mile service soon. It is a 2004 Spyder.

Also just got back from a trip to Tahoe. Had a flat tire that was not fixable. Unfortunately I only have the fix a flat in the trunk - no spare option. Of course that didn't work and had to have it towed to only tire shop on North Shore that reamed me $430 for one tire and an overnight wait for the tire to be delivered. Has anyone got the optional spare tire and jack aftermarket? Approximate cost? Does it just drop in the space in the trunk?
Thanks
Sorry i do not know anyone selling online in the States.
In the UK check this out:
By the way yes it fits right away in the trunk.
http://www.eurospares.co.uk/partsListing.asp?M=3&Mo=389&A=1&B=20954&S=&ID4=912020
Anther good solution that works fine, if your puncture is located on the surface of the tire and worked fine a couple of times for me is this:
http://www.conticomfortkit.co.uk/

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the optional six CD changer in the trunk. It was working fine and then the screen said CDC init and for all six CD's it says no CD when I know there are CD's in the slots. Stopped working the same time the seat memory stopped working. Any hints?

Mine started doing this today. Now it's stuck with "Please wait, Cd changing". Is there any way to FORCE it to eject the CD's? Some kind of "paper clip" slot like on a computer?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Try switching off at the battery master switch, count to ten, then switch back on. It will reset the CD unit and it should come back to life.

Stupid Newbie Question... "Battery Master Switch"? Where's that? And, if I do that, do I have to "recalibrate" the windows and stuff (like I used to have to do with my Jag?)

·
Registered
329 Posts

Stupid Newbie Question... "Battery Master Switch"? Where's that? And, if I do that, do I have to "recalibrate" the windows and stuff (like I used to have to do with my Jag?)
My coupe has the switch in the trunk near the battery. Turning off and turning back on has not required reset of windows.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Rotary knob beside the battery is the on/off switch.
Does not completely kill all power so you do not have to "memory" functions for seats/mirrors remain, but puts car in "battery save mode" if it is parked for a while by switching off power to accessories (incl CD changer, central locking and alarm).

Just watch out - while switched off the windows do not move (so leave doors open or closed throughout).

I had a few lock-up problems with the cd changer and it is apparent that it does not always successfully power-up - hence sometimes a switch off/on can reset it.

However - I did also have to have the dealer send the unit to back to blaupunkt for repair after one "lock-up" so it depends on the problem!

It is worth trying the on/off switch if the CD or the hi-fi or computer functions don't appear to be working (I have had one or two failures of the volume control which cleared after an on/off).

The init sequence takes a minute or two - donn't expect instant availability.

Oh - and if you need to remove CDs you can simply pull the CDs out of the changer while power is off - if you can grab the edges with pliers (CAREFULLY!)
GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On/Off didn't work - the lights on the CD came on for awhile but still same message on the screen. Thanks for the tip about getting the CD's out of the unit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts