Maserati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to fit the blaupunkt 5cd changer to my 02 spyder. Questions are:-

1.) Will I need to recode anything so that the cd unit and NIT match ?

2.) Does the power/connection lead go into the back of the cd in the armrest or into the back of the display unit on the dash ?!

Sorry if these are stupid questions, but a quick answer may save me hours !

I've had the armrest lid off but can't see where the connector would go into the back of the single cd unit. Is the single cd unit easily removable ?

Cheers

Jonny

·
Registered
824 Posts
armrest, blue socket i think. should already be a cable from there to trunk depending on year of car.

search for icelink plus thread, it has pics

·
Registered
42 Posts
i've just been through all this myself, as i recently swapped out my NIT and put in another one...the cd changer didin't work.

I received some helpful suggestions on this forum about that it might be a code etc. that needs to be entered. In the end the reason as to why it didn't work for me, was that the replacement NIT had a fault connection on the back which prevented it from powering up the cd changer. I replaced that part and then everything worked....no code needed. The NIT unit was from an 02 Coupe (Magnetti), with Blaupunk IAC09 (CODE) cd changer, 5 disc.

The blue connector is the one you want by the way.

I am now an expert in dismantling the whole armrest and removal of NIT unit!!!! I have done it so many times now....recently installed Dension IceLink though (and have some issues there, but only to do with operation of, not connection).

hope this helps

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks..

.. for the replies - all very helpful, but question now is - how do I dismantle the armrest ?! I know there's two socket headed bolts at the rear of the armrest under the lid. Does it just lift off from there ?

Cheers

Jon

·
Registered
42 Posts
you're an 02 right?
depends exactly what you want to do here....if all you need to do is to connect the blue plug to the back of the NIT without removing the NIT, then you won't have to remove the whole centre tunnel....
to do that you will need to open the lid of the armrest, unscrew to screws which should be visible straight away...then you will need to lift the rubber mat as well...under there should be another two screws.

Undo all of these, and remove the compartment base...once done you can see inside the armrest. Now....in a coupe you have two air vents facing out of the rear of that armrest, in a spyder i doubt you have...so you might just have empty space....can you see a blue connector down the bottom yet?

If you need to remove the NIT then in addition to the above you will need to the following:
Inside the armrest at the back there should be two screws which basically bolt the rear of the tunnel into the car...undo these.
Then in the cigarette light area, remove the inside box...it just pulls out. Under there, you will see another screw. Remove that...once you remove it, you can pull the cigarett lighter unit out...unclip the connection underneath it.
Once you've done that, you have one more screw to undo. In front of where the cigarette lighter unit is/was, there should be a little open compartment (about the size of a small mobile phone, or an ipod). Underneath the rubber mat there is a screw...undo that one.
Once all of this is done, you will need to unclip the leather glove that fits around the handbrake...you don't need to remove anything, just undo it. This is to allow enough freedom to move the whole tunnel around a bit.

Now that the tunnel is basically undone you can lift it enough to get your hands underneath the NIT. Underneath there, the NIT is bolted in with 4 bolts (one in each corner). These bolts are actually screwing into the NIT from the cross bars underneath. You will need a socket to undo these...unfortunately i can't remembr the exact size. If you have enough space you could use a spanner/open wrench or heavy pliers to get a grip. Undo these 4 bolts, but hold onto them as you unscrew...as they will fall out into the tunnel below, never to be seen again.
Once all undone the NIT will basically pull out (pull to the front and up)...you may want to undo all the connections though if you want the NIT out of the car completely. If you don't and just want to have a look underneath/around the sides...then you can leave all connections in.
The is a heavy duty cable that plugs into the front of the NIT at the bottom...this goes to the display. Be careful not to trap that cable.

Hopefully this all helps.

Reverse procedure to put back.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Splendid...

.. and tremendous to quote Partridge ! It's the blue connector I couldn't see on the back of my NIT module, but now I know what I'm looking for I'll have another root around.

Many thanks - it really is appreciated !

Jonny

·
Registered
42 Posts
forgot to say....
blue connector (if it's there) should be in the bottom left hand side. There are several iso connectors there, and its the bottom out of the 3.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As luck would have it..

..there was already a changer lead installed :rolleyes: and it comes out in the boot (trunk).

Almost final part of the puzzle is where does the cd changer mounting bracket go ?! I've had a try to locate it in the boot but to no avail. It's the correct Maserati part, but I'm foxed. Anyone got a piccy ?

Cheers in anticipation !

Jonny

·
Registered
824 Posts
Crapjokes said:
..there was already a changer lead installed :rolleyes: and it comes out in the boot (trunk).

Almost final part of the puzzle is where does the cd changer mounting bracket go ?! I've had a try to locate it in the boot but to no avail. It's the correct Maserati part, but I'm foxed. Anyone got a piccy ?

Cheers in anticipation !

Jonny
You got the correct different trunk trim piece(s) as well right? I had all the part numbers laying around here but threw them away, sorry.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ermmm..

Glenn Wallace said:
You got the correct different trunk trim piece(s) as well right? I had all the part numbers laying around here but threw them away, sorry.
The trim pieces are news to me ! just asked the main dealer to supply everything I'd need to mount the cd changer. May just make my own - it's turning into a bit of an episode !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts