Maserati Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

When playing a CD on my CD changer, I sometimes hear static (like a bad radio station coming in). I read in a previous post that replacing the changer should fix it.

I found a Blaupunkt IDC A09 CD Changer online. It looks like its the exact same thing. My question is this. Should I just be able to pull out the current CODE one, put in the IDC A09 and plug it in with no problems? Or is there some sort of security code or something?

Also, if anyone happens to know, there are three bolts on the outside of the CD changer (two on one side and one on the other). Is that all that needs to be removed to get the thing to come out or do you need to remove the whole bracket?

Thanks,
Justin

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok everyone,

I bought the CD changer. I plug it into the car and it loads the CD fine and everything. The InfoCenter shows the correct length and number of tracks. The problem is all the LEDs on the changer are lit up red and it won't play anything. Now it says in the manual that if its lighting up all red, it wants the code. The problem is that the InfoCenter isn't saying "CDC Code" when I switch the SRC button to the CD changer.

Does anyone know how you get the InfoCenter to accept the code for the new CD changer? I tried turning off the battery switch, unplugging the changer, starting it with no changer and then turning off the battery switch again and putting in the changer. It still didn't ask for a code. It still works fine with the CD changer that is currently in there, so it has that code in its memory or something.

Anyone know about this?

Thanks

BTW, the car is a 2003 Coupe w/navigation

·
Registered
274 Posts
New and far superior way to go is ipod/mp3 no disturbance when riding over bumps like with cd try this link they are up for group buys aswell were doing one at the moment on maseratiforum.co.uk

First reports are really excellent and so easy to connect up and use

regards lozcb

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,

Thanks for the info. However, I would like to get the setup I have now working. I'll think about other things later down the road.

Justin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts