Maserati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Occasionally when I am driving I will try to play a CD in the changer, but the screen will show that there are no CDs in the changer. It seems that the only way to get it to recognize the CDs is to shut the car off and restart. Just justing the audio down and turnning it on again doesn't fix the problem.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Not to question the fact that your CD changer may not work, but you aren't all by any chance confusing the message "NO CD" which is generated from the Nav system when cycling through audio sources, are you? Don't forget that the Nav system, if not being used, can store an extra CD. When you press the SRC button, you will ALWAYS see "NO CD" if you have a NAV CD in. Press the SRC button again and you will be using the changer...

- Rick

·
Registered
242 Posts
Its not the Nav. message, its just Italian programming "know how". Not to mention the fact that my $100k car does not have a SEEK function when playing CD's. I'm thinking of just ripping the whole unit out and replacing it with a Pioneer Sat/Nav system. Atleast that way I can also get the names of the streets on the display.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Not to mention the changer option is over 600 USD yet the very same unit is only 200 on ebay. Oh well, I hope we are all bought the car for the same reason...the engine...the elegance of its body style.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
I must say, the nav system is complete garbage. No street names, no search functionality, awkward UI, and no updates available from Navtech.

But that's not why I bought the car... :twisted:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CD changer really does have problems

The "no cd" problem is with the changer. When you source through to the cd changer page, it does not initialize. It just shows that there are no cd's in slots 1 - 5. The dealer ordered a new one for me. Hopefully it's the player and not the system.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Because of some perceived clutch slipping and unusual noises (especially in reverse) Ferrari/Maserati of Orange, Ca. sent out a flatbed truck to my home at 7:45 this morning and trucked my 04 to their dealership. A couple of hours later I received a call from Chas at the dealership telling me my car had arrived safely. I was able to speak with Chas on the phone going over some other issues as well.
I have owned over 150 automobiles in my long life and visited many, many dealership and have never experienced such professionalism as I have at Ferrari/Maserati of Orange.. Chas,especially, made me believe he has taken an interest in me and my car.

I distinctly remember the first oil change on my 04 Corvette where they ran into a steel pole in the garage area. Or the time a Mercedes dealership first lost the wheels I was having them send out for polishing, and then losing the car for two days. Truth.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Dr. Larry Kauffman said:
Because of some perceived clutch slipping and unusual noises (especially in reverse) Ferrari/Maserati of Orange, Ca. sent out a flatbed truck to my home at 7:45 this morning and trucked my 04 to their dealership. A couple of hours later I received a call from Chas at the dealership telling me my car had arrived safely. I was able to speak with Chas on the phone going over some other issues as well.
I have owned over 150 automobiles in my long life and visited many, many dealership and have never experienced such professionalism as I have at Ferrari/Maserati of Orange.. Chas,especially, made me believe he has taken an interest in me and my car.

I distinctly remember the first oil change on my 04 Corvette where they ran into a steel pole in the garage area. Or the time a Mercedes dealership first lost the wheels I was having them send out for polishing, and then losing the car for two days. Truth.
Larry, happy to hear the are treating you right. I've had dealings with both Orange County and Beverly Hills F/M and both shops were just wonderful. Also dealt with the F/M dealer in Woodland Hills up in the valley. They too were good, but not at the same level of professionalism and response of the other two.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts