Maserati Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK noticed the problem a few weeks ago, the little lever on the center console wont engage the car into 1st gear...so i said no big deal, ill use the flappies to engage 1st gear

then today i noticed that the car now not only wont go into 1st but also wont go into reverse by the use of the little center lever?

is this common amongst the CC cars?
are there any quick fixes or alternatives rather than taking the car to service center?
or if the only place is the dealer to have this issue resolved, are there any temporary fix until i find time to take it to the service center?
and how much does something like this usually cost if not covered under warranty?

thanx in advanced, and sorry my 2nd post is already about having CC issues :confused:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Had a problem like this.

The Maserati dealer had the factory replace the switching unit ( Warranty) . I think the cost is $1600 for the unit. I took mind apart to confirm my problem. If you do the same you will see a little switch inside that is actived by moving the little "T". If the "t" handle doesn't make contact with either end of the switch you will not go into gear. ( Switch has two on/off buttons for each gear ("r" and 1st) I removed the "t"from the unit, pluged the switch unit back in and then by hand (Finger) pushed one switch in and got "R" no problem.Did the same for "1st" no problem. Maybe this will help you confirm what needes to be replaced.

·
Registered
695 Posts
they said NO...and not too many service dealers 'round my neck of the woods, any recommendations?
maybe a reputable outside shop?

thanx!
Do I have this right? You have a 2006 QP - which should have a warranty until 2010, living in Southern California - which probably has more dealers than any other location on earth...which part of this am I missing due to lack of complete information/disclosure? :confused:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
honestly all I told the dealer was the car won't go into 1st or Reverse, before they even saw the car in person I asked them if it was warrantied and they said NO!

that's all that converstaion entailed

Sounds shady to me...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.