Maserati Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Get either one, drive the pi$$ out of it, and enjoy. That's what a Maserati is all about... :)

·
Registered
909 Posts
Do know that the '02s shift much harder than the 03+ cars.

Also if clutch wear is a big issue for you, the dealer can adjust the clutch takeup times, so that it doesn't slip as much. This wouldn't be for everyone, and I'm not sure that it's been done with extending clutch life the main motivator, but it's something worth mentioning if anyone happens to be looking for options...

- Mark

·
Registered
2 Posts
Moving the Pedals

Curtis said:
It's ironic you mention that. I was dead set on a manual and almost bought one without driving it. I then took the time to drive another one at a local dealer in SF and found that for me the shifter location and pedal positions were awkward. I just couldn't get used to it. Maybe it was me but it changed my decision immediately.

I am now getting close to purchasing a CC.
This is the same complaint that people have in many Ferrari models. I know for a fact that the pedals in an F355 are much closer than a 550. Therefore, a buddy of mine adjusted his to accomodate more then one style of shoe.

Can't you adjust the Accl and Brake Pedals to be farther apart? I know it is possible in many Ferraris to do this. Why wouldn't it be possible in a Maserati?

I ask because I am interested in the purchase of a 6-Spd only. Call me a purist...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
after much soul searching....

Well..after a TREMENDOUS amount of research, input gathering and-as we say in the business, due diligence-I have come to my conclusion. And it is..... IT DOESN'T MATTER!!! The Maserati Coupe is so damn fun, exhilerating and rare enough to satisfy my stand out-ish tendencies that the only real question now is finding the exact exterior/interior color(s), options, etc. that i want. If it is a CC...great, if it is a GT...great.

I really do appreciate all of the responses from the Board. Thanks again and I will let all of you know what and when I find 'er.

KCD

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.