Maserati Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have significant experience with the CC vs the manual transmission and can you please compare and contrast the differences?

I understand there were far fewer 6 speeds manufactured, clearly explaining the difficulty I am encountering in locating one!

Thanks for the insight.

KCD

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would use it as a daily driver as well. I am interested in other's thoughts for essentially two reasons. I would prefer the manual, my previous car (M5) was a manual and I absolutely loved it. The issue was that it irritated the better half because she could never drive it. Darn the luck ;-) And secondly, I am getting-relatively speaking-a negative impression on the CC from my research. Shift quality, repairs, etc. That, of course, needs to be considered in light of the fact that there are virtually NO GT's available. Any help would certainly be appreciated.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well....now I am completely bafoozled. One issue I know I will be facing is service. Seems Penske and his group closed down the local Maserati dealership and the nearest dealer service is going to be quite a ways away. Like the next state!

Any thoughts on how long the CC's clutch should last given relatively aggressive driving, given a moderate amount of stop and go traffic, costs, etc?

Thank you so much for all the responses!

KCD

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
after much soul searching....

Well..after a TREMENDOUS amount of research, input gathering and-as we say in the business, due diligence-I have come to my conclusion. And it is..... IT DOESN'T MATTER!!! The Maserati Coupe is so damn fun, exhilerating and rare enough to satisfy my stand out-ish tendencies that the only real question now is finding the exact exterior/interior color(s), options, etc. that i want. If it is a CC...great, if it is a GT...great.

I really do appreciate all of the responses from the Board. Thanks again and I will let all of you know what and when I find 'er.

KCD

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.