Maserati Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
I've driven both quite a bit, and personally prefer the CC.

(i should note that i am normally a fierce standard trans advocate, and both of my personal cars are 5sp)

one - I wear size 12-13 shoes, and if I am wearing anything wider than a converse all star, i have to be careful not to hit the gas and brake at the same time when I don't mean to.

two - the shifter seems to be in a bit of an ackward spot, almost as though the car was designed around CC, and not added in later like the SMG bimmers.

three - i do everything i can to stay off the phone while driving, but there are the occasional times that i have to take a call, and even in manual mode, its a hell of a lot easier to shift with the CC.

and then there is that free hand for coffee, or ipod changes, or the girl in the passenger seat.....

and you get that perfect throttle blip every time (see related thread)

- Mark

ps. Maintenance really isn't that bad on the CC, if you keep it in perspective.. (4yr 50k warranty, and a hell of a lot more fun than a mercedes sl automatic)

·
Registered
909 Posts
Do know that the '02s shift much harder than the 03+ cars.

Also if clutch wear is a big issue for you, the dealer can adjust the clutch takeup times, so that it doesn't slip as much. This wouldn't be for everyone, and I'm not sure that it's been done with extending clutch life the main motivator, but it's something worth mentioning if anyone happens to be looking for options...

- Mark

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.