Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: Hi everyone.
Not driven the car for 6 weeks and so I tried but battery was not turning the car over.
I used a trickle charger for a couple of hours and she started right up. Drove 50 miles in all gears and all seems well including alarm.

The only bit of concern is that I dont hear the pump being primed like I used to when I open the door. Am very concerned. Th car has 16k miles and is a 2002/3 model.
I dont want to be stranded. What are my options. Do I need to reset things? Do I need to further use the tricle charger? (it should have charged the battery by being driven continously for 50 miles).

Do I need to replace relay before my pump gets damaged? Should I carry on driving and hope that it irons itself out?

Please give me some advice guys!:confused:

·
Registered
793 Posts
Keep that tender connected all the time when your car is idle.

You may need more charge in that battery.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks gcalo for the input. I just wiped down my car (rain in UK) before putting the cover on. Guess what? The familiar sound of the pump priming came on. Thank God!
Will keep an eye on it and keep you posted. I MUST NEVER NEGLECT HER AGAIN!

trouble is bad weather in Uk, lack of parking and too many idiots on the road. Also I need to be in a good mood before driving her but one could argue that if I drove her then I will be in a good mood.
Thanks.:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts