Maserati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Great site, loads of good stuff here. Had my first Maserati a month now and loving (almost) every minute!
Ran the fuel level a bit low last night, till the amber light came on. After filling up the needle didn't budge and the light has stayed on.
On the advice of Maranello's I tried switching off the battery etc but no joy.
They will fix it under warranty, but can't fit it in till January!
Any other car and you could live without a fuel gauge, but not this beast!
Anyone else had this?

·
Registered
530 Posts
What does the trip meter say?" If it it'e still registering (often when the warning light comes on the "range" stat goes to ---) you'll at least have some idea how much fuel is left. That or fill it up every night....:D

·
Registered
722 Posts
At least it's easy to multiply 10mpg * number of gallons! Think how hard this would be if you were getting 27mpg.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
flash_harry said:
10 mpg? I wish!
Range and mpg on trip page also blank, so I'm guessing it's not the gauge.
Are you really getting less than 10 MPG? That's about what my 8-litre V-10 Viper gets around town. Get a wooden stick and check your levels at every intersection ;)

·
Registered
722 Posts
Maybe the sender in the fuel tank got stuck at the low position. You could try driving it over some really rough roads... I suppose best done using someone else's wheels and tires!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are you really getting less than 10 MPG? That's about what my 8-litre V-10 Viper gets around town. Get a wooden stick and check your levels at every intersection

No,generally around 16 or so, but UK (imperial) gallons are slightly larger than the US variety. Did get it as low as 8.5 once, and had a lot of fun doing it too!

Thanks for the suggestions, I live down a bumpy road so don't think that's going to work......I think I will have to wait for the dealership to fit me in.

·
Registered
82 Posts
How about carrying a can of gas/petrol in the trunk/boot. That way when you run out on the outside lane of the M25 you'll know exactly how much is in your tank.:D

·
Registered
390 Posts
Man up! Motorcycles don't even have fuel gauges! Why, when I was a kid, and we had to push our bikes uphill to school, in the snow...etc. etc.

Push the tripmeter and fill up every 200 miles or so. I'm betting the float is stuck and it will reset itself after being shaken around for a while.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After a week of misbehaviour the fuel gauge has seen sense and is now indicating correctly. Anyone need a wooden stick?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts