Maserati Forum banner
81 - 100 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
WOW, 2 years back I paid $42,500. for a 2012 GT S , 12,000 miles. All extras, Leather seats, Alcala headliner, full tint. Are they going up in value for a change ?
That is the “out the door” price, the price on it was $40,5 I think it was just the “Carvana premium”, many of the well sorted cars were high 30s (pre-tax) at the time I was looking, but I was willing to pay a bit more for the 100-day piece of mind, knowing that I was going to get it fully inspected by Maserati.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello Everyone! Just wanted to make an initial post! I've been on the forum for the past several months and finally took the leap to register and make my first post.

Long story short, I bought my dream car late last summer! A gray Maserati 2012 GT with Red interior from Carvana.

The best news is that I immediately took it to my local Maserati dealer and got a quote for almost $50K worth of work, that Carvana's warranty covered ~90% of!

I got a new brake pads and rotors all around, front sub-frame, valve cover gasket, timing cover gaskets, steering rack, full front suspension bushings amongst a bunch more!

Not encouraging anyone to take advantage of their warranty program, but if anyone is in the market for a GT, but are hesitant, I recommend going to Carvana!
It sounds like the dealer is also taking advantage of the situation. Dealers are notorious for recommending unnecessary services. You have to ask yourself we’re all these services necessary?

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
In Nov 2019 I bought a 2012 GT MC for $39K in Dallas. I have put 10K on the car in 3.5 years and have only had to change the oil. I service it at Ontario Ferrari/Maserati and they thought I got a great bargain on the car. This is my 4th Maserati and by far the most reliable. Vehicle registration plate Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting
Grille Vehicle Hood Car Automotive lighting
Tire Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Car Wheel
Gear shift Motor vehicle Gauge Steering wheel Steering part

·
Registered
2012 GTC Nero/Sabbia
521 Posts
Lol! Since you asked so nicely (unlike others) here are a couple of the electronic records attached…I only have physical receipts of the other work. View attachment 141994
View attachment 141993
Someone is pulling prices out of their bottoms and padding their bill! $332 for one easy access handle - literally about $70 OEM and rear cup chrome rim for $1450? I am with Jason on this sounds like a lot of hot air.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Next thing we'll hear, its all paid for with PPP funds................................

·
Registered
2014 GranTurismo MC
31 Posts
Correct! The saving grace was the shrewd tactics of my service advisor.

Instead of one big bill, he broke it up into smaller bills and submitted them one by one over the course of the 100 days as they completed work. The last one was literally submitted on the day my warranty was expiring and SilverRock honored them.
This service advisor is amazing. Talk about someone who is good at their job and does right by the customer.

·
Registered
2008 Maserati Granturismo 4.2
216 Posts
Those prices for the work done from Ferrari are absolutely sickening, what an absolute joke. 5k usd for timing cover gasket? I would do that in a weekend myself.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
Those prices for the work done from Ferrari are absolutely sickening, what an absolute joke. 5k usd for timing cover gasket? I would do that in a weekend myself.
I hear you, I think it is one of the reasons why Maserati's have such a hard time maintaining their value. Unless the service center is tiel to a fiat dealership, people have to pay Ferrari services fees for a car that is a fraction of the price of a Ferrari. That ain't happening!

·
Registered
2014 GT MC / 2018 Ghibli SQ4 Gransport
252 Posts
Not shocking and kinda funny, gotta pay attention to this details otherwise your bottom line ends up like that… get your GTs on carvana while it lasts!

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
4,291 Posts
And now Carvana just laid off 2,500 employees ( via Zoom , and ended the bad news meeting with “have a good day“ 😒 . You’d think they’d choose their salutations a bit more carefully ..ugh . )
Wonder how long ( and if ) the company will remain in business :unsure:

·
Premium Member
2009 GranTurismo S
368 Posts
Someone is pulling prices out of their bottoms and padding their bill! $332 for one easy access handle - literally about $70 OEM and rear cup chrome rim for $1450? I am with Jason on this sounds like a lot of hot air.
The chrome trim ring is sadly not sold separately that I could find.... so you have to buy the whole top of the console I think. I didn't look at the back seat but for the front console for mine, I'm guessing based on what finish, the console top was between $800-over $2,000. My little trim ring will stay broken. :)

And besides, it's warranty work...plenty of money to toss around..... :D

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
The chrome trim ring is sadly not sold separately that I could find.... so you have to buy the whole top of the console I think. I didn't look at the back seat but for the front console for mine, I'm guessing based on what finish, the console top was between $800-over $2,000. My little trim ring will stay broken. :)

And besides, it's warranty work...plenty of money to toss around..... :D
Lol! Try looking for savaged cars on Facebook Marketplace and eBay. I’ve been able to find tons of random parts for the cheap. Seems like people lose control in these things often… Make sure you keep those rear tires in good shape 😂😂😂

81 - 100 of 101 Posts