Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Everyone! Just wanted to make an initial post! I've been on the forum for the past several months and finally took the leap to register and make my first post.

Long story short, I bought my dream car late last summer! A gray Maserati 2012 GT with Red interior from Carvana.

The best news is that I immediately took it to my local Maserati dealer and got a quote for almost $50K worth of work, that Carvana's warranty covered ~90% of!

I got a new brake pads and rotors all around, front sub-frame, valve cover gasket, timing cover gaskets, steering rack, full front suspension bushings amongst a bunch more!

Not encouraging anyone to take advantage of their warranty program, but if anyone is in the market for a GT, but are hesitant, I recommend going to Carvana!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why am I thinking that sounds like total BS??? I'm not buying that in the least bit...You have one post and it sounds like a flaming pile of poop..Jason
I am very disheartened that this is the welcome that you would give to a new member, especially after mentioning that this was one of my dream cars.

Is this the type of community this is???

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yup. Im curious why Carvana would sell such an older vehicle as well. Especially an older exotic.
My thoughts exactly! There are several that go quick! If you’ve got the patience, I’d recommend… down side is that my car was at the dealer for almost that entire first 100 days of the warranty, but it was well worth it!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh they most certainly do that, I've been watching their inventory for months. Plenty of Maseratis on there dating back to 2010 and before, Bentleys dating to 2006, lots of older exotics.
Yes, it is very odd. The problem is that they don’t have “exotic” specialized mechanics the inspect the cars. The front subframe was a dead giveaway after I looked underneath. Bad clunking from bushings, etc… but I guess it’s expected wear for a 10 year old car to them.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SilverRock paid out more in repairs than what you paid for the car itself??? :oops:
Correct! The saving grace was the shrewd tactics of my service advisor.

Instead of one big bill, he broke it up into smaller bills and submitted them one by one over the course of the 100 days as they completed work. The last one was literally submitted on the day my warranty was expiring and SilverRock honored them.

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Correct! The saving grace was the shrewd tactics of my service advisor.

Instead of one big bill, he broke it up into smaller bills and submitted them one by one over the course of the 100 days as they completed work. The last one was literally submitted on the day my warranty was expiring and SilverRock honored them.
WOW...that's really great for you, nicely done.
Sleeve Gesture Font Elbow Logo

1 - 20 of 101 Posts