Maserati Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OMG - has anyone tried this yet? ScanTool.net has a Bluetooth OBDII with scads of software. You can install this permanently if you want and run it on your PDA or laptop. Also, Nokia makes an Internet tablet on which an open source product, CarMan, runs to give constant readings with a cool UI. Check out this posting on TabletBlog. I'm thinking of getting this as I could set up a spare laptop in my garage on my workbench and work with all my cars...

This setup would provide unmatched flexibility for a permanent or semi-permanent installation. I'm waiting to hear from the mfgr if ScanTool works on the Maser...I'll let you know when I hear back.

·
Vendor
4,728 Posts
ScanTool works on the Maser but only supports the standard codes, Manufacturer codes are not described. It's an OK tool for clearing codes.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ScanTool works on the Maser but only supports the standard codes, Manufacturer codes are not described. It's an OK tool for clearing codes.
Damn, and I thought I stumbled across something big. Jeff - what do you guys use in your shop?

·
Vendor
4,728 Posts
We have 5 different models... they all work well for a particular job. Nobody has it all.

What is it you're trying to do? If you're just scanning and clearing codes. Scantool or even a cheap handheld is fine. Nothing will have Maserati codes unless you're spending multiple thousands. Most of the time you don't really need those extended codes anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts