Maserati Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

If you want to personalize a bit more your car, it is good to know a swiss maserati dealer can do everything you want, I saw a carbon bonnet for the Coupé based on the Trofeo bonnet (air extractors) : very nice and only 4 kg. They does not have a "correct" web site, but here is the links :
The dealer site : http://www.maserati-car.ch/
Some pics : http://www.mdconcept.ch/carbone/mdc_maserati.html
They have the possibility to sell these products in all countries.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not sure I have two prices in my mind for the bonnet : CHF 5000 and CHF 15000 (not the same :D )

·
Registered
242 Posts
Yeah, the prices are crazy. I saw one web site advertising for carbon fibre shift paddles for $750!

·
Registered
681 Posts
It's aftermarket companies trying to take advantage of the fact that it's a Maserati.

How many of you guys are interested in carbon fiber items? If there is enough interest I.E. 5 people per item I can get reasonably priced items made.

·
Registered
835 Posts
i'm interested and of course paddle shifters aren't the only things i wanna go carbon...and again it all depends on the prices.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Kevin,
I'd be interested in a carbon fibre rear deck lip similar to the GS.
I'm going to a place on Friday that may be able to make one for me.

·
Registered
681 Posts
STARDOC said:
Kevin,
I'd be interested in a carbon fibre rear deck lip similar to the GS.
I'm going to a place on Friday that may be able to make one for me.
I'm going to start another thread where we'll take requests on carbon items. If there's something with a bit of request say 5 or more pieces we can put it into production at a reasonable price. It'd be made in the U.S. no cheap China crap so turn around time shouldn't be long minus the minimal r&d and test fitting.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Much happens to the "COSTS" of materials in many years. Today , many are casting their own parts from molds, etc w/carbon fiber. I believe that the 4200 series has much to gain with the addition of carbon mods such as front, rear, side pieces as well as many interior parts. Time to revisit and check into competitive pricing, supply and, with growing values on the 4200 series, many would like to enhance their cars. I hope this causes much response! Thanks for yours!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks, 2fromtheCouve. I did look there but the prices are really high. Forms are needed, etc. can be made for much less but the labor is not intensive. Need to have donor parts for the molds. If that can happen, I am going to make them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts