Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Gransport Ltd Grigio alfieri, 2009 Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione, 2021 Levante Gransport
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Does anyone have one of these? Pics? How much would you expect to be "offered" one from a dealer? My dealer has one that he "needs" to get rid of and has offered me a "deal". Thoughts from everyone would be appreciated........

·
Registered
173 Posts
Normally dealer want more than $1500. Once I contacted the guy that make the exact same copy as the original one. I think he want around $600 for carbon fiber and about $300 for the painted one. I cannot remember exact price. I know that some of us bought the spoilers from this guy. I think if you get the carbon fiber for less than $500, you should buy it.
pganmol

·
Registered
2007 Gransport Ltd Grigio alfieri, 2009 Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione, 2021 Levante Gransport
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Normally dealer want more than $1500. Once I contacted the guy that make the exact same copy as the original one. I think he want around $600 for carbon fiber and about $300 for the painted one. I cannot remember exact price. I know that some of us bought the spoilers from this guy. I think if you get the carbon fiber for less than $500, you should buy it.
pganmol
Thanks for your reply. US$500 is about NZ$625. Dealer started off saying it would be $4000 list. That's US$3200!! I'll back off around a grand and see what happens. Is it anything more than aesthetic?

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
What colour is your car Dave? The carbonfibre spoiler may work best with some colours than others.

I think the weight saving (if any) is negligible.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What colour is your car Dave? The carbonfibre spoiler may work best with some colours than others.

I think the weight saving (if any) is negligible.
Grigio Alfieri - a mercurial shade of dark(ish) silver. Thoughts, Bigfoot?

·
Registered
2006 Gransport LE
651 Posts
I'm in - painted or carbon ?

GUYS!

I have already set up a group buy in regards to the spoilers... Keep your pants on for a week or two ;]

·
Registered
491 Posts
Sorry for the ignorant question...

how does this carbon fibre spoiler on GS look like? similar to the stock rear deck lip or something completely radically different? Any photos?

I don't remember seeing any spoiler as factory option except on the race cars....

Thanks!

jess

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Sorry for the ignorant question...

how does this carbon fibre spoiler on GS look like? similar to the stock rear deck lip or something completely radically different? Any photos?

I don't remember seeing any spoiler as factory option except on the race cars....

Thanks!

jess

they are the same dimensions.
CF Spoiler is an option on the GS. $880
http://autos.aol.com/cars-Maserati-GranSport-2006/options-trimselected?acode=USB60MSC041A0

Stock GS: http://www.cartype.com/images/page/maserati-gransport_rearside.jpg
CF GS: http://news-images.caradisiac.com/IMG/jpg/4/1/1/5/9/Maserati-Coupe-GranSport-5.jpg

CF on a Bianco Fuji GS:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mase...011QQitemZ320230512210QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I'd get one if they make in the the Blue CF (a la MC Victory)

·
Registered
603 Posts
Why?

Is this primarily for "looks" or is one likely to realize some peformance gain if not driven on the track?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Grigio Alfieri - a mercurial shade of dark(ish) silver. Thoughts, Bigfoot?
It looks good with that color. My GS is Grigio Alfieri as well and the carbon fibre tends to blend in a bit better than, for example, on a bianco fuji car.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
i can feel that 500 grams difference in weight on the rear deck at even reversing. :p

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just got my pride and joy back with her new spoiler. I'll post some picks sometime soon. Must say, she looks damn good with her new bits!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I want in for this group buy... does anyone know how much $$$$?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Rear Spoiler group buy

I'm in for the group buy if the price is reasonable...get us the details. An Ebay post has the spoiler at about $300 unpainted.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Ok guys, I have sent out an email to the Maserati newsletter...

If you arent part of it, join now and shoot me a PM or reply to this thread!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts