Maserati Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I was supposed to send them off last week, but with Chinese new year and some issues around the CORONAVIRUS OMG EVERYONE PANIC WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE I won't get to do it for till next week. I'll update it once its all done.

·
Registered
2006 Maserati Gransport Spyder
34 Posts
I am not really sure of the benefits of spending $1600 for a seatback as the weight is actually not going to be any different than the plastic one. If the whole seat assembly was a CF like the Ferrari Challenge Stradale then you have a justification.

·
Registered
2006 Maserati Gransport Spyder
34 Posts
Besides there are plastic tabs on the original seatback that are flexible in design to allow for proper attachment to the metal frame. I would be cautious about spending that type of money on a CF seatback that cannot be simply secured to the frame as these don’t slide up and down that easily as it stands. The plastic tabs that attach the seatback have to be flexible in order to reassemble.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Its purely a bit of cosmetic fun. Thanks for the heads up with the fitment, I'll make note of it when I send them to be copied.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I finally got around to cleaning up the seat shell and sending it off to China.

What an ordeal!

Removing the shell is only 5 minutes of work but the sticky coating is so thick and just awful to remove, it took about four hours to remove on just one! Under the soft touch coating is a grey primer.

Thankfully the shells are symmetrical so I only needed to clean one and send it off. I really hope it works out because I'd rather stab myself in the eye than clean another one!

I sent some detailed photos off and they're confident that they'll make a 1:1 copy. I've got some OEM door sills so I've sent some high resolution photos so the can match the twill to that.

I've been told quarantine will draw out shipping time, but it was way cheaper to post and insure than I expected. The parts are small enough to send through conventional post.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts