Maserati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So,Porsche offers carbon fiber wheels as an option for some of their top models, at a "modest" dealer price of $ 18,000 a set . :surprise: I understand there are also a few aftermarket sources that customize CF wheels in a couple of designs and just about any size and lug nut configuration you want, but I was informed it's not much cheaper ..about $ 15,000. Not something I'd ever consider, but just thought I'd share .. If you get them, just make sure you don't put a curb rash on them, it certainly won't be a simple sanding and repaint fix, so it's replacement only and then you have to hope the company that makes them is still in business when you need a wheel . Or maybe just buy two extras and keep them in the garage :grin2:
At the Monterey CA Porsche anniversary reunion a vendor also had an entire 911 carbon fiber body on display, and they advertised they can duplicate any make and model body ( thinking GTS .. :wink2:) though I hesitated to ask the price, it could be 10 X the average market value of our cars :frown2:

·
Registered
248 Posts
So,Porsche offers carbon fiber wheels as an option for some of their top models, at a "modest" dealer price of $ 18,000 a set .

And, to put things into perspective, Ford is offering 19" CF wheels for their Shelby GT350 for about $4k

1 - 2 of 2 Posts