Maserati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Check the following:
1) Have you pressed your brakes fully down?
2) Check your fuses in trunk 30amps
3) Can you shift out of neutral? If not, then it's your clutch switch
4) Check fuel cut off.

Good luck.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Remove the two screws holding down the reverse lever switch , remove and check connections they have a habit of loosening, hope this helps

Regards loz

·
Registered
513 Posts
What did you have to do to resolve the problem?

ok everyone got it back up and running again. it was the f1 clutch positioning sensor. thanks everyone

thanks -----------

·
Registered
541 Posts
ok everyone got it back up and running again. it was the f1 clutch positioning sensor. thanks everyone
Lowbudget - having similar problems - how do you check the clutch positioning sensor ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
hi

A good way to find out if the clutch position sensor is at fault is by going into the engine managment and find out if you have a code called ENGINE OFF, this means the gear box ecu does not know were the clutch is and will not let you start the car.
The other way to find out is change it, there is not alot that can stop a maserati 4200 engine from running so you got a good chance that the sensor is your problem.
i hope this helps :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
How Much

Just received a call from dealer saying I have to check/replace the clutch positioning sensor... for similar problems that lowbudget faced...

What is involved in this operation in terms of time and cost?

just to know what to expect ;)

thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks everyone for their help. i've got it up and running. it was the sensor. this thing is a beast. i remove the exhaust and there is a little hole. i sliped the sensor in and out. i should had taken pictures.

·
Registered
541 Posts
thanks everyone for their help. i've got it up and running. it was the sensor. this thing is a beast. i remove the exhaust and there is a little hole. i sliped the sensor in and out. i should had taken pictures.
Do you mean you replaced it or simply took it out and reset it in place ? Also, can you describe where the sensor goes and how it is positioned ? Just curious to know in the event I ever have to investigate.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts