Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
This video is mad, I used to have an M Coupe, but never quite managed to get it sideways for as long as this guy does! There is a whole series of these Stockholm (I think) based videos - mad but fun...

·
Registered
681 Posts
haha said:
awesome, ain't it. makes me wanna get an S2000.
Don't, the visibility is so poor. I could never see out of mine at night so I allways had the top down. The car is a blast to drive during the daytime. It's also not the easiest to control when it gets sideways, very unpredictable.

·
Registered
41 Posts
S2000 thoughts

NAPerformance said:
haha said:
Don't, the visibility is so poor. I could never see out of mine at night so I allways had the top down. The car is a blast to drive during the daytime. It's also not the easiest to control when it gets sideways, very unpredictable.
Actually, I don't agree - I had a 2000 model year S2000 for 4 years before getting a used 2002 Spyder, and don't think the visibility was all that much different. It was a bit of a handful in the wet, granted.

My Spyder is up for sale now and I've gone into a 2005 S2000 (initially as a temporary measure but I think I might stick around)... The S2000 isn't as dramatic or as ultimately powerful as the Maserati, but IMHO it's a lot more fun to drive:

PROs
- handles better - much more direct
- gearbox is the best I've ever driven - compared to the manual Spyder, it's a revelation
- lower cost of ownership...

CONs
- S2000 not as rare or 'desirable'
- Noise isn't as good (particularly the burbling at low speed and the popping on the over-run that you get in the Maser) although the shrieking at 9,000rpm is something apart

All in, I'm pleased to be back in the Honda though I'm glad to have owned the Maserati too.

cheers
Ewan

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NAPerformance said:
haha said:
i have not driven an S2000 but i know for a fact that blind spots on my spyder are horribly huge.

i gave up on the idea of S2000. looking at M5's now :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
haha
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing