Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I (as many of you too I'm sure) had many cars over the past 25 years. Many came and many gone. But there are a couple of them I still kind of regret not being able to keep....

For me they were my '88 E30 M3 in metallic black over red leather and '97 993 Turbo (with only 9K miles) in Glacier White over black full supple leather.

I wish I had the means of keeping them back then....

Now, let's hear your automotive regrets...

·
Registered
406 Posts
More then likely, I'm forgetting one or two...however these cars, immediately come to mind:
*68 VW Karmann Ghia...my first car (circa '86).
*71 Buick Riviera
*73 BMW 3.0CS
*75 M-B 6.9 (Euro)
*83 VW Cabriolet...my first custom build (circa '88).
*92 Cadillac Allanté

·
Registered
545 Posts
I try to make good purchases when it comes to cars and intend to keep them all. I think it's nice to "build a relationship" with a car, with time and exclusivity (of driving the same car). I guess for me it's about the ownership rather than trying to experience as many cars as I can.

Kept all of mine so far (which is not many by comparison to a lot of people here), including my first car, a Mazda MX6 GT. It has a huge dent in the rear bumper and the quarter panels are a bit deformed from it too, from a woman smashing into the back of it one morning. But I still kept the wreck and plan to restore it one day.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Was not mine, but my father often speaks about his 69 Boss 302 that he owned. Wish he never sold it and the price today are pretty high. Great car and remember driving in it with him. Oh, I would love to have that car today and take it out.

For me, I sold an E430 sport black opel, that car was great and fun to drive. Loved the color on it and just seem to be really cool in different light.

·
Registered
810 Posts
My S2000; I could've bought out the lease return and had a car with little to no depreciation which would've been nice. I was way under on the miles and it was mint. Seating position was death on my back, so at the time I was happy to move on (bought a Jaguar Vanden Plas to replace it).

I had an '85 Alfa GTV6 with euro pipes and Ansa sport exhaust. Still very fond to my heart. I sold it back to the guy I bought it off of. He put in an Alfetta dash and shipped it Israel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts