Maserati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
Anybody know whether or not having a (2002) CC up on jackstands for 3-4 days might be harmful to the chassis? (the stands are on the factory side mounting points) You know, like bending it or something like that?
I'm having my (2003) wheels polished, which is one of the last things I'm having done to my car.
I picked up an extremely tasty 2002 Cambio Coupe (rosso bologna w/tan) and decided to add the Gransport rear spoiler, side 'surfboards', chrome front grill, Gransport badges, and Larini exhaust.
I'm toying with the idea of adding the Gransport front and rear bumpers, but the cost will set me back over $5K. At this point I've put approx. $4,500 into the car and it really looks great!
I'll definitely post some pics when I get the polished wheels back in the next 3-4 days. Man I love this car!!

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Good question!

I know that if I ever left my MG on jack stands for more than an hour, it would have fallen into three pieces... ;-)

I'm really paranoid about where I take my Maserati for service worrying about what the goons at a tire shop or other service center might do to the undercarriage...

·
Registered
742 Posts
Had my baby on stands for about a week.... no problem..

Hi guys,
Anybody know whether or not having a (2002) CC up on jackstands for 3-4 days might be harmful to the chassis? (the stands are on the factory side mounting points) You know, like bending it or something like that?
I'm having my (2003) wheels polished, which is one of the last things I'm having done to my car.
I picked up an extremely tasty 2002 Cambio Coupe (rosso bologna w/tan) and decided to add the Gransport rear spoiler, side 'surfboards', chrome front grill, Gransport badges, and Larini exhaust.
I'm toying with the idea of adding the Gransport front and rear bumpers, but the cost will set me back over $5K. At this point I've put approx. $4,500 into the car and it really looks great!
I'll definitely post some pics when I get the polished wheels back in the next 3-4 days. Man I love this car!!

Of course I did not sleep well the first few nights, but when I had my rims polished my coupe was on stands for about a week. No problems at all.

CM

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
If you put the jack stands in the right place....

the spot where you put them to lift the car to change the tires, nothing bad will happen, that is what they are made for.... I too am worried about idiots at the tire place, but I will stand next to them and make sure they do it right.. No lifts, just jacks and torque wrenches instead of air wrenches.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Car on Jacks...

Thanks for the advice guys.
I feel relieved that I won't find my car drooping down to the ground at both ends in the next few days!
I've had older Maseratis and wouldn't dream of putting them on stands for more than 1/2 an hour for fear of winding up with a banana!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Were the original wheels painted?

Hi,

I've seen some polished variants of the original '02 15? spoke wheels. I'm unsure whether that was an option, or done aftermarket. Mine are painted silver. Are there services that take a painted wheel and strip, polish, and seal it? If so, I'm very interested. If this is what you're having done, what is the shop charging? Do they "chrome" the plastic center caps as well? Any information is appreciated.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Car on jacks...

Actually, I have the newer 7 spoke wheels from an '04.
There are many polishing companies in almost every big city that will strip and polish any painted wheel. I've just got mine back and they're gorgeous!
The company that did mine charged me $150 a wheel.
I'll post some pics of my car in the next day or two.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Car on jacks...

I'm in Phoenix and the shop I would recommend is Blanchard's Polishing.
I don't have the number handy but he's in the book.
He was fast (3 days) and his work is terrific!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
...I picked up an extremely tasty 2002 Cambio Coupe (rosso bologna w/tan) and decided to add the Gransport rear spoiler, side 'surfboards', chrome front grill, Gransport badges, and Larini exhaust....Man I love this car!!
nice. but, may i suggest you not to put on the gransport badges?

i have seen enough ///M's on 318i's and AMG on C230's.
even 'Type-R' is out of style now on accords or civics.

it will just save you tons of embarrassment when someone ask you whether it is a real gransport or not.

david, you got a nice maserati already (with nice mods).
that Gransport badge will spoil your good taste.

i can see a trident with the red lines being more discreet but just as tasty...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts