Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I have 2003 Coupe.

I have put new batt after my first battery died from 2 months of parking.
However, after installing new battery, car does NOT crank at all.
I get all the lights and ect working but it just wont crank. :confused:

Is there any other precedure I have to take to start up the car after batt drain?

Also I see this warning light blinking on the dash and I have no idea what that is...(Sorry I lost the manual :mad: )

and this is NOT trunk open light.

Please help because I am stuck here and my dealer is very very far away. :(

·
Registered
635 Posts
That is the "Failure in the Cambiocorsa Gearbox" Warning lamp.

Mike

·
Registered
909 Posts
This is basically a check engine light for the gearbox.

It's hard to say why just two months of sitting would cause an error, but by chance did you short anything when you put the new batt in, or anything like that?

You might try just pushing the car a couple of feet in either direction, as there may be a sensor that is just momentarily scrambled. If that doesn't do it, call roadside to hook it up and take it to the dealer. It's probably as easy as resetting the TCU (Transmission Control Unit).

When you start the car, the CC pump pressurizes, then disengages the clutch and selects neutral. The TCU tells the ECU that the Gearbox is ready to go before the car will start.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I understand that there is a separate battery dedicated to the CC pump - maybe it is also discharged? Maybe it will charge off of the new main battery (or maybe you need to visit the dealer)?

·
Registered
431 Posts
try this..

I had this warning light but my car drove normally. I was told that the it was low on transmission fluid. I put some special FM transmission fluid (CS Speed for £10 per litre (quart?)). I used maybe 100 ml using a syringe and small hose. No light since thank God. This was soon after I purchased the car. I used a ramp to reverse and saw smoke from the engine bay and smelled my Clutch burning. IT WAS AWFUL smell and FEELING.

I didnt know about the reversing issue at the time. Next time jack the car!

GOOD LUCK! YOU MAY NEED THE ELECTRONIC KEYCARD CODE number. I dont have mine. Does anybody know how I can obtain mine? I am in UK. There is also an emergency stomp start procedure but I believe you NEED the CODE number.

·
Registered
530 Posts
You do need the CODE number and there are apparently two of them. One for the ignition and one for the alarm system (at least if I'm reading the manual correctly). I've got the one for the alarm system, but best efforts by myself FMSF and FM of Denver (original dealer) have been unsuccessful in obtaining the CODE, and that'e the one you need for the emergency engine start procedure.

·
Registered
202 Posts
i just had the same thing happen to me, it was the f1 pump.

i actually just got it back from the dealer and they said that this is very common.

they did have me do some things to see it it was the f1 pump or not.

try to jump start the car. if the car doesnt start then see if when you turn the alarm on and off you hear a sound from the back of the car that sound like an electric motor.

you can then try and reset the gear box by pulling on the two paddles until you hear some beep.

and finally turn the power turn off switch. (black round) the one next to the battery.

all of this has to be done with a fresh battery or with a jumper cable attached.

if all of that fails, then it is likely that its the relay, the f1 pump and some extras. all of these things are covered under warranty so don't worry.

good luck

-willie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts