Maserati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Gransport Ltd Grigio alfieri, 2009 Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione, 2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio.
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Took delivery of probably the last brand spanking new Gransport Ltd in Australasia last night. Had to drive 120 miles from Christchurch to Kaikoura (Google earth it) in the biggest thunderstorm in 20 years. She behaved impecably considering there was over an inch of rain on the road. What are great car. I love the little pedal on the floor that cleans all the rain of the windscreen.:D

·
Registered
274 Posts
Yeah you got it mate, that masser grin , worth every damn penny, little pedal = big grin

Regards loz

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Dave, we can all relate to that wonderful feeling. And guess what..... It never fades (just got home from work and looking for a driving excuse).

I too was amazed the first time I had her out in heavy rain. VERY stable. There are few on here that have braved many inches of snow as well.

Enjoy your new mistress ;)

Buzz

·
Registered
2007 Gransport Ltd Grigio alfieri, 2009 Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione, 2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio.
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. "The Maser Grin - If you haven't got it...you won't get it!"

·
Registered
52 Posts
Keep smiling ... but not in the rain

Have I mentioned how much I too love driving my Maser? Only the thought of repair costs dampens my spirits. But what a way to go to the poorhouse!

Do wonder about the rain handling though. Recently my son and I dropped by FMoW just to look at the toys. We got into a discussion with Willie about the dangers of hitting a deer (which are plentiful this time of year here in Virginia). We decided that rule #1 (and #2 and #3) when driving the Maser was No Deer Hitting. Willie mentioned that even with a very light dusting of snow, the mechanics at the dealerhsip have trouble driving the Ferraris, Lambos, and Masers and end up pushing them around. Rule #4 No Snow Boarding in the Maser. Sooooo I just assumed the Masers were fair weather cars.... too much toque. Guess not??

Save Ferris,
Ollie

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi capnollie
We don't have a shortage of deer here either. I very nearly put a young Bambi through the front screen of my Alfa 159 a little while ago - never, ever had the 'post moment' shakes as bad as that. Don't suggest anyone tries successful to farm venison with a car. The thought of those antlers going the lovely italian leather is heart breaking. Not to mention my rib cage.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Congrats on the car! 2 months and 6000 miles (!) later... i still smile every time i get in it. The car does seem to be more of a deer magnet than one would be comfortable with though...

The car isnt afraid of the snow, so long as you have the right tires. I had no problem getting around the slightly slushy roads in buffalo...icy roads are another story though. No ice staking in the maser!

Enjoy the car, she is wild, crazy, and will even settle down for a nice photo or two. Take lots of pics!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers BigFoot. I got your direction a while ago to check this forum out but I didn't post anything - thought I'd wait until I had something to write about. And now I do. Yeehaa. Cheers:)

·
Registered
357 Posts
Have I mentioned how much I too love driving my Maser? Only the thought of repair costs dampens my spirits. But what a way to go to the poorhouse!

Do wonder about the rain handling though. Recently my son and I dropped by FMoW just to look at the toys. We got into a discussion with Willie about the dangers of hitting a deer (which are plentiful this time of year here in Virginia). We decided that rule #1 (and #2 and #3) when driving the Maser was No Deer Hitting. Willie mentioned that even with a very light dusting of snow, the mechanics at the dealerhsip have trouble driving the Ferraris, Lambos, and Masers and end up pushing them around. Rule #4 No Snow Boarding in the Maser. Sooooo I just assumed the Masers were fair weather cars.... too much toque. Guess not??

Save Ferris,
Ollie
Willie fixed my Maserati after I hit a deer! Actually, a guy in the oncoming lane hit it and I ran over the big sucker like a giant speed bump. Hair and blood all over and coolant leaking. Did a great job by the way!

·
Registered
94 Posts
rocketmaker -

Simpsonville! Its been about a year since I've been there (for my aunt/uncle's 50th). They live next to Fox Run. Great country roads there to open her up on!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts