Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my NIT unit isn't recognising the cd changer that i have. I have recently swapped a NIT from one car (where it had the same model of cd changer) into my current car and it now can't see the thing. Is there a setting that i need to change?
All the cables etc on the back are connected exactly the same way as my old NIT that i just removed (which could see cd changer as well).

Any ideas?
thnx

·
Registered
660 Posts
frenzy382 said:
my NIT unit isn't recognising the cd changer that i have. I have recently swapped a NIT from one car (where it had the same model of cd changer) into my current car and it now can't see the thing. Is there a setting that i need to change?
All the cables etc on the back are connected exactly the same way as my old NIT that i just removed (which could see cd changer as well).

Any ideas?
thnx
But have you updated the NIT to your Blaupunkt security code? Bet it is not recognizing it because your newer NIT was hooked to a car which (obviously) had another unit (not necessarily the OEM 6-CD changer) hooked to it. You need to re-enter the security code for your CD changer, otherwise bye-bye...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thnx for that...stupid question though...
where do i find the cd changer code....is it on the code cards that i have?

·
Registered
835 Posts
frenzy382 said:
thnx for that...stupid question though...
where do i find the cd changer code....is it on the code cards that i have?
the red card is for the motronic and immobilizer, hence the other one :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i'm getting worried now.....i followed the instructions as listed previously but for me to enter the actual code i have to push the CDC button. There is no such button, and if i scroll through all the sources available on the system...CDC is not listed.

I can't see how I can enter the code when i can't even do Step 2 (step 1 is easy, switch on radio!).

any ideas? i'm probably being very stupid here and missing something obvious, but it's getting very frustrating.

thnx in advance

·
Registered
835 Posts
i guess the changer is completely locked. if you can hook it up to the NIT which it was originally attached to, you maybe able to decode it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts