Maserati Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
I think Aldous Voice takes CS TCU's and installs them on more common-day F360's, F430's... but I can't remember. In any case, those Challenge Stradale TCU's are "the business", so to speak, with regard to optimizing the F1 system. I think the question, re the 4200 Maser, ought to be put directly to Aldous. Note that the 4200 Coupé and Spyder are SOFAST2 and earlier... not as advanced as the QP-V's, maybe don't have clutch thow-out bearing operating pressure transmitter, etc.

6,069 Posts
I'm not an expert on all the different TCM numbers etc. in the least..That being said...The 360 and 430 use a different pump and the systems runs at a fair amount higher pressure...I think like 20 bar? So swapping a TCU or using software from a totally different vehicle doesn't really make sense too me in the least unless you are in the business of making problems...Jason

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello to All, so I’ve got a 2002 Spyder 4200, looks like it should be Fun, butt sadly not. And this is due to the F1 shifting, I’d truly love to have a full manual shifting unit, but they are very difficult to find.

So I’d like to see if I can convert this to a 100% fully manual shifting unit, or I’ll sell it and look for another car that’s gated.

Any thoughts on this?

😊
Have you tried it in Sports mode? Loved the paddle shift in mine but only in sports mode.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts