Maserati Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey friends...

Ok... so I definitely have a battery drain. I got a new battery. And in the day it's good... but overnight it's drains down and sometimes I have to jump it.

So... please let me tell you what I've tried so far. Any more tips would be appreciated...

1) Seems like the overhead dome light is stuck. I try to turn it off and it stays on... but then it looks off? But I think overnight, it's flickering back off.

So I tried to make sure it was off. I hope THAT is the problem.

2) I went ahead and dialed the battery button off for 30 seconds to reset the whole car. I hope that works.

Any other suggestions to try to find this leak?

Gene

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
So take the bulb out of the dome light and leave the battery on. It's it's dead in the morning then it's not the dome light. Also, take your battery down to Checker and put it on the battery tester to make sure it's a good battery. I have seen new batteries that are not good.. A Maserati will drain a battery in a week or two anyway due to the computer always getting current and the clock.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hook up an ampmeter in series circut to the neg batt cable and see how much your draw is. Car asleep should be no more than .039A you can find an amp meter at you local harbor freight for $5 bucks : )
I am sorry but I love paracitic draws they let techs know they're ALIVE!
plus it sepirates them...
Most common draw on coupes and GS are:
1) Aftermarket accessories
2)Faulty Window microswitches
3)Faulty outside door handle microswitch
Good Hunting!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hook up an ampmeter in series circut to the neg batt cable and see how much your draw is. Car asleep should be no more than .039A you can find an amp meter at you local harbor freight for $5 bucks : )
I am sorry but I love paracitic draws they let techs know they're ALIVE!
plus it sepirates them...
Most common draw on coupes and GS are:
1) Aftermarket accessories
2)Faulty Window microswitches
3)Faulty outside door handle microswitch
Good Hunting!

+1. Agree especially with #1. A hard wired V1 to a non-switched source will kill your battery in < 2 days....ask me how I know :rolleyes: Been there;Done that :cool:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok... seems I got it on the first try.

It seems it was the dome light.

Yesterday, it barely cranked up. And then I looked up and the dome light was flickering.

I felt the dome light and it was really hot to the touch.

I pressed it a few times and it wouldn't go off.

Finally it went off. And I also turned off the battery swich for 30 seconds to make sure.

This morning the dome light was cool to the touch and the car cranked up really nicely.

Thanks for everyones advice... and hope this thread helps someone else out there.

Gene

1 - 8 of 8 Posts