Maserati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching Granturismos S/Sport (4.7L), as far as I know, they only sold with dual oval exhausts, but there are lots of Granturismos advertised as GranTurismo S, but they have those quadruple exhausts, but they also have the "GranTurismo S" logo on the dashboard, so are they real?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Normally only the base model has 4 exhaust pipes. But I think there were also convertible models and sport models with quad exhaust pipes from what I’ve heard on this forum it was probably an option you could choose some years. To tell if you have the 4.7 liter instead of the 4.2 liter easiest way is to check the paint of the engine valve cover the 4.7 Liter engine is red and 4.2 liter engine is blue.

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Granturismo Sport Convertible
1,343 Posts
Personally, I wish the newer GT Sport's had the quad exhausts instead of the 2 oval exhausts. The quads look meaner and sportier. The ovals look lame in comparison.

·
Premium Member
2,273 Posts
I love that configuration !! Number 1 “in my book“.
Second place : the elongated oval tips ( as I describe them..) What I have on my 2013 GTS
Last place : the MC centered dual tips ( no idea why they didn‘t do the quad tips, looks very sporty , IMO )

Obviously just a personal preference, everyone has their own take on what looks nicer on this car .

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I love that configuration !! Number 1 “in my book“.
Second place : the elongated oval tips ( as I describe them..) What I have on my 2013 GTS
Last place : the MC centered dual tips ( no idea why they didn‘t do the quad tips, looks very sporty , IMO )

Obviously just a personal preference, everyone has their own take on what looks nicer on this car .
I have the exact order of preference as you.

Reactions: xcalibull

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
My 2013 non-sport convertible has the quad, valved exhaust.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts