Maserati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Appreciate anyone here can help me. Thanks in advance!
1. Can the QP GTS 4.7 front grille fits QPs 4.7?
2. What's the Parts number please.
3. Is the Larini Sports Cat (200 Cell). the only exact direct replacement for the stock Cats?

·
Registered
91 Posts
You will need to also purchase the GTS crash bar that is behind the grill. Yes, the GTS grill will fit except for the crash bar being in the way.

I made a quick tutorial on how to remove the grill. Click the link below and view the video. I make mention of the crash bar and show the bar, so you can see what I mean.

As far as part numbers, not sure.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello MattCruz,

Thank you so much for your detailed video. I got much much better idea now. My QPs seems not have the "Crush Bar" behind the grille though. And I also watched your another review video, seemingly u've debadged your QP completely, including the trunk and rear pillar emblems, are they simply adhesive and can be taken off easily? Thanks again.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I've reinstalled the rear maserati badge on the trunk. Looked weird not having it. Yes, all the badges are just adhered by the factory. You can remove them. Use a heat gun and maybe some fishing line to help. Or, have a shop remove them.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Odd you dont have the crash bar. That was a US requirement. I assume you are not in the us. Or your car was not built for the us market.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you for telling me about the badges. yeah, i m not in the US. um...so i can assume i am able to swap the GTS grille to my QPs if the "Crush Bar" is no longer an issue. Thanks again for your valuable input. Cheers ~~

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello MattCruz,

I just installed the concave grille, a big thank you to you for the insights provided. It's a direct bolt on (within 30 mins).

Besides the grille, I need 2 specified parking sensor mounts for my original parking sensors to be mounted on the concave grille. The parking sensor mounts from the QPs grille won't fit.

As I am not in the US, I don't have to worry about the "crash bar". The car looks great after the swap and I love it.
Thumpsup !!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello MattCruz,

I just installed the concave grille, a big thank you to you for the insights provided. It's a direct bolt on (within 30 mins).

Besides the grille, I need 2 specified parking sensor mounts for my original parking sensors to be mounted on the concave grille. The parking sensor mounts from the QPs grille won't fit.

As I am not in the US, I don't have to worry about the "crash bar". The car looks great after the swap and I love it.
Thumpsup !!
Hi
I'm looking to replace the convex grille in my 2009 QPV with a GT S concave grille (in the UK). I'm struggling with the parts and part numbers.

Supposedly the grille is
81256000 with parking sensor mounting
81255800 without a parking sensor mounting
But does that mean 81256000 actually has the mountings included, or is it just capable to having the mountings attached? And does this mean that 81255800 cannot have the mountings added?

Then the sensor mounting themselves are:
081256100 FR.LH PARK.SENS.SLEEVE ON
081256200 FR.RH PARK.SENS.SLEEVE ON
except I cannot find these in the websites of my normal suppliers - Eurospares and Scudaria - so where can I get them?

Thanks for any advice?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi
I'm looking to replace the convex grille in my 2009 QPV with a GT S concave grille (in the UK). I'm struggling with the parts and part numbers.

Supposedly the grille is
81256000 with parking sensor mounting
81255800 without a parking sensor mounting
But does that mean 81256000 actually has the mountings included, or is it just capable to having the mountings attached? And does this mean that 81255800 cannot have the mountings added?

Then the sensor mounting themselves are:
081256100 FR.LH PARK.SENS.SLEEVE ON
081256200 FR.RH PARK.SENS.SLEEVE ON
except I cannot find these in the websites of my normal suppliers - Eurospares and Scudaria - so where can I get them?

Thanks for any advice?
I think the Eurospares got both, following are the links, good luck!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@MarkOneMas , if there's no luck on Eurospares I can help to source the sensor sleeves in HK for you. Same price as quoted on Eurospares + 10GBP shipping cost from HK. It may take 2-3 weeks to arrive though given the slow logistics around the globe at the moment. Please PM me if you would like to proceed. Have a good day!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts