Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I add navigation to an '04 coupe??? Does anyone know if this can be done? It is just a chip or something?

Thanks,
Zearnold

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
as mentioned by another member in another post, the factory navi is (useless) compare to many of the smaller, more advance portable units such as garmin. they are more advanced, (touch screen, etc etc). you can take it indoors (hotel, etc) to do the planning and routes.
certainly it is not as 'elegant' and clean looking.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Plug and Play Navigation

I have ordered a Garmin "nuvi 360" for a my 05 coupe. It should arrive in a couple of days and I will let you know how well it mounts. I have the built-in in the car.

As others have already said the built-in navigation of the Maserati is both useless and dangerous (like programming a street name with that dial while driving...).
Nicklaus Wirth once said that "deciding what not to put in (the design of ... something) is as important as deciding what to put in". Oh well...

I have used Magellan Roadmate 700 and Roadmate 3300T in other cars and they are both very good choices.

As M! remarked already the mounting and overall look may not be perfect, but functionality makes up for it.

·
Registered
390 Posts
They changed it so you couldn't retrofit it in mid-03. If your car already has the software installed you can install an antenna and get it to work; if not you're out of luck.

The factory nav is indeed poor but it is better than nothing. I like built-in units to keep the interior clean of clutter.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I think you can retro fit it. It is a module that plugs into the control system in the arm rest. Have a chat with a dealer, they are the best place to check.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts