Maserati Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Gransport LE
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
wire bundle with yellow coated electrical tape ? When I did the install of the FD Drive By Wire I found this wire (See pic) with a 2 wire connector on the end and not plugged in to anything. I believe it is aftermarket but am not sure. The prior owner may have had a phone installed since he forgot the mic over the sunvisor. Today while running the DBM switch to a remote location I found a similar set of yellow rapped wires behind the center console, connected to a harness and then plugged into a module that I cant get to to identify . If its not factory, very curious as to what module was left behind. Is it easy to remove the metal cover plate on the center console ? That may give me access to see the module.

Thanks

Here's another pic

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 Gransport LE
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting...which of the 3 mini ISO is it connected to?

haha - need more info, not sure what your talking about. This yellow wrapped bundle was found with a 2 prong connector in the fuse/relay area - not connected and nowhere that I could find to connect it. I thought after market product that they removed but left the wire. Ok, no issue. Then I saw similarly wrapped wires behind the center console that are plugged into an unknown module.

Does that help.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2006 Gransport LE
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ramp....

How did you move the switch to the drivers side? how did you get it through the console, etc?
Easy - I taped the end of 2 wires to a straightened hanger and passed it right through. You have to remove the carpet on the passenger left foot well. It's 3 screws and then pull and maneuver it out. Took 2 minutes.

·
Registered
2006 Gransport LE
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Maybe it was wiring to the airbag disable switch which is removed when the cars come to the US? (I remember reading that somewhere)
Could be an excellent guess ! Was going through the manual and found that the airbag ECU is placed directly behind the center console - I'd bet that's the module I see the yellow wrapped wires going to. But if the unplugged wire in the passenger footrest area is for a removed disable switch, then we should all have it. Has anyone noticed ?

a picture of the module in the center console?
Can't get to it without removing the center console plate and haven't figured out how to do that yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts