Maserati Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
I don't know, but they are WAY too big in my opinion!

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I actually kinda like them!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Thanks everyone for answer! I am so lost on which rims to get. I had 22" Asanti 3Pc on my 750i I just traded in on my Quattroporte and am considering getting away from the 3PC look. I recently found out about how rims can affect performance when I almost bought some rims for my F360 from eBay that ended up weighing 75% more than stock for on 1 inch bigger. Since I love the feel of my QP, I don't want a rim that can negatively affect performance, therefore, I want to go with 20" size in a wheel of same weight or lighter than stock! I currently have the 19" Ball Polish rims. I was thinking a non-3pc rim such as the HRE below.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I know this is 3pc, but like this too. My car is black and I think chrome would look good on it. Just added Tubi exhaust last night, so tips would match chrome rims.

·
Registered
402 Posts
3pc. wheel weight depends on how the center is made. Full cast wheels, and cast centers are usually heavier then stock, but a true forged center should be lighter, and stronger. Recently, some manufactures have been using cast centers with their 3pc. wheels. They look like typical forged 3pc, and the manufacturer can charge 3pc. pricing for pretty much a cheap, cast wheel. I heard Asanti has been doing this lately.

Id trust HRE to make a true, forged wheel, the Monoblock line is nice, if you're OK with no lip.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

In the 6 months I had the Asanti's, the bolts started rusting and one of the rims had a layer of chrome flaking off right when I got it on the inside. Since it still had chrome underneath and was on the flat part covered by tire, I didn't worry about it. When I had tires removed 2 weeks ago, the rim that was peeling on inside was also peeling in the lip edge the tire seats in. Not very inpressed, especially for money. Just to clarify, does evryone think that the HRE Monoblock would be as light or lighter than stock 20" rims on QP? Asking b\c I don't want to reduce performance. Thanks!

·
Registered
402 Posts
In the 6 months I had the Asanti's, the bolts started rusting and one of the rims had a layer of chrome flaking off right when I got it on the inside. Since it still had chrome underneath and was on the flat part covered by tire, I didn't worry about it. When I had tires removed 2 weeks ago, the rim that was peeling on inside was also peeling in the lip edge the tire seats in. Not very inpressed, especially for money. Just to clarify, does evryone think that the HRE Monoblock would be as light or lighter than stock 20" rims on QP? Asking b\c I don't want to reduce performance. Thanks!
HRE's monoblock wheel is no lighter than their 3pc wheel. HRE will give you the weight of their wheel, Id look and see if you can find the weight of the stock wheel, and check the real #s.

Hopefully I do not offend anyone, but Asanti is not the best made wheel, so not surprised at the issues you had. Bolts are not supplied by the wheel maker, so I would not hold that against them. I also assume you took care of your wheels, and did not drive them in snow :cool:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

I live in New Orleans which up to 2 days ago I would have said ,"No driving in snow". Pretty amazing thing to see 6 inches of real snowfall in New Orleans. Anyway, I kept Asanti's washed with P21 wheel cleaner and an occassional wax with some purple stuff I read about on prof detailers forum called Wheel Glaze (I think). I even waxed each rim inside and out when they were new before putting tires on. I think Asanti is a very average product with a very above average price!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

It doesn't seem that any monoblocks are avail for QP. I really want a nice 20" rim and really like apparent quality of HRE. Anyone have pics of QP with rims or know of sites with pics (other than that dark blue QP with black rims I see everywhere)

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
IMO sports cars + chrome don't look right.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We

I agree to an extent. My 360 is my sports car and my QP is my luxury car which needs chrome feet! In my keeping it real opinion. I do like some of 3pc sportier rims on the QP, but it makes it look like a sports car. I'm in real estate and often have clients in my car and think keeping the car more luxury car looking is better impression. Also, I look really young for my age and I think showing up in a luxury looking car makes me seem a little older as opposed to a tricked out looking car. Honestly I like look of tricked out QP , it's just better to keep car more stock "looking". I say looking b/c I need all the tricked out goodies! So far I got Tubi and the FD DBW!

·
Registered
402 Posts
They make monoblocks for the GranTurismo, I dont see why they couldn't fit the QP??

Auto Couture, now Modular Society, ZLT series ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts