Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told that for liability reasons Maserati will no longer allow upgrades on software on an '02 due to the above; any truth? I am looking for a manual with skyhook and the only ones I find are 2002 but folks tell me they had too many "bugs" first year and stay away....any help here? I am torn between spending more for a newer model if I can find VS."stealing" an '02 and if low enough maybe will:confused: not be hurt on the resale end later; I am generally out of a sports car in 10-14 months...thnx!!!! Dogdoc

·
Registered
329 Posts
I was told that for liability reasons Maserati will no longer allow upgrades on software on an '02 due to the above; any truth? I am looking for a manual with skyhook and the only ones I find are 2002 but folks tell me they had too many "bugs" first year and stay away....any help here? I am torn between spending more for a newer model if I can find VS."stealing" an '02 and if low enough maybe will:confused: not be hurt on the resale end later; I am generally out of a sports car in 10-14 months...thnx!!!! Dogdoc
I have an 02 Coupe GT 6 sp manual with skyhook. When you refer to software upgrades do you mean the CC .... ?
To my knowledge my car does not require any type of sofware upgrade, and I have not experienced any "bugs" in my several years of ownership. (18,000 miles).

·
Registered
203 Posts
No bugs down here...well, of the electronic kind

I'm the second owner of an '02 Coupe CC and have had no issues related to early manufacture, but for some gasket issues that were worked out early on under warranty. My car doesn't leak anything, goes like crazy, and starts up whenever asked. With regards to software upgrades, most of these cars have had them already, but they weren't so much to fix a problem as they were to further "de-tune" the cars. For example, the infamous transmission software "upgrade" actually slowed down the shift time in the CC-equipped cars so they would shift more smoothly. That sort of thing. Those of us with more sporting pretensions prefer the original software.

My thinking is that by this point any issues with a specific car would likely have been worked out by the former owner. The cars are proving to be quite reliable, and many use them as their daily driver. I did, though I recently added a Miata to the mix for in-city commuting. My only worry is finding a knowledgeable non-dealer technician to work on the cars. Inevitably, things break with higher performance cars, particularly when kept beyond 50k miles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts