Maserati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2002 cambiocorsa coupe died yesterday. A sound like a pump operating went on for about 5 min after the ignition was switched off. Then the car would not start and the cambiocorsa red warning light came on.

Car has done 38,000k. Anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
23 Posts
probably not what you think

Sounds like the fuel pump in the fuel tank. The other problem is just a symptom, not having any power to drive the tranny. A guess based on experience with other vehicles. If it was the transmission pump, the vehicle should still start, unless there is a ground problem or the battery went dead.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I had a cambio pump die in my 2002 coupe a while back. Warning light and beeping noise. No warning it was about to happen (no pump noise) and no gear shifting possible. Only had 20K miles on car at the time. Had it replaced under warranty (thankfully)

The pump is electrical/hydraulic with it's own battery. If you cannot change gear at all then you may well have the same problem.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Sounds odd I know but check the fuel filler cap. Some time back my car made a 'moaning' pump like noise and the dealer first thought they might have to replace one of the two fuel pumps. Then, one of their engineers recognised the sound as caused by a faulty filler cap not breathing properly and causing a vacuum in the tank. They replaced the cap and it was fixed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for feedback. Dealer diagnosis was F1 pump rs. Looks like my experience the same as barbuckle's.

Will have more detail when I pick up car tomorrow.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Marko

there has been lots of debate of what the part cost / labor cost to replace the f1 CC pump. Could you ask your dealer what it would have cost had it not been done under warranty?

thanks

·
Registered
255 Posts
Sorry - I did not entertain a conversation on cost (the f1 pump failure was back in Aug 2004, I had only had the car for a couple of months!)

The part will likely have to be ordered (my car was off the road for 8 days)

If you want the f1 system fitted as a factory option you are talking around 3200 UKP and the pump is a hefty chunk of that - add a good few hours labour at Maserati dealer rates and you must be looking at the best part of 2000UKP to replace it (anyone know better?)

On the plus side - gear shifting improved considerably!

·
Registered
192 Posts
I just had the CC Pump relaced on my 04 under warranty. I did ask how much it would have cost out of warranty. The answer was right around $2000. The pump itself is $1100 and labor is about $800 or so. Apparantly its a pain to get to.

Hope it helps,

dsd

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
F1 pump was replaced and lasted 3 days. Dealer then decided that the relay to the pump must also have been faulty and replaced that when pump replaced for the second time.

If you have pump replaced seems like a good idea to replace relay.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
marko
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing